Dovetailed knife strop

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Woodcutter2

Forager
Jul 31, 2011
Conyer, Kent
www.tpknives.com
I decided that nice knives deserve a nice strop so I designed a slightly different take on the normal paddle strop in that this can be used safely without any sideways movement at all on the kitchen worktop or nipped up in a vice in the workshop, the dovetails make for very strong construction and are pretty so it could be kept handy without cries of "get that scabby thing out of here":D

Ok, so its a bit OTT cutting dovetails when a gnarly bit of something flat will do nailed to a vice dog but I like nice things:cool: so why not.

They are 325mm long and 50mm wide made in solid kiln dried French Oak and Danish oiled with a sturdy veg tan pad.

Dovetailedstrop002.jpg

Dovetailedstrop007.jpg

Dovetailedstrop003.jpg

Thanks for looking
Toby

MartiniDave

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 29, 2003
Cambridgeshire
That's great! I usually end up holding my strop-block in my hand at an angle anyway so what a good idea! Very nicely implemented too.

Dave

sasquatch

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 15, 2008
Northampton
Very nice! I've made a lot of strops but never one that nice. Good eye for detail with the dove joints...

Woodcutter2

Forager
Jul 31, 2011
Conyer, Kent
www.tpknives.com
Thank you good people, it allows you to use two hands and control the angle easier without rounding the edge over by accident.

And yes Juttle tis my own work I was making some drawer boxes for a desk and carried on a bit with a few of these, the design was simply a version of a woodworkers bench hook that we all made in college to hone our plane irons and chisels, back then though valve grinding paste was the prefered medium:cool:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE