double wok

dave53

On a new journey
Jan 30, 2010
wales
trying to find the thread about some pot thats got a wok like bottom and the same as a lid and you clip it down so you can cook or stir fry in it anyone remember the thread regards dave

dave53

On a new journey
Jan 30, 2010
wales
thank you guys strangely enough i was forageing in one of my charity shops and came across one they thought it was a bedwarmer so i bought it for the princely sum of £2.00 bargain regards dave

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Have to let us all know how you get on with it. Not had a chance to play with my mates yet as he's busy tying flies for a bit trip he's got coming up.

Imagedude

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 24, 2011
Gwynedd
Don't see any point to it myself. Being thin it will be prone to burning if the fire suddenly picks up.
Stick to thin vessels for quick cooking and thick for slow cooking and you won't go too far wrong.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Don't see any point to it myself. Being thin it will be prone to burning if the fire suddenly picks up.
Stick to thin vessels for quick cooking and thick for slow cooking and you won't go too far wrong.

I seem to remember you asking about how to suspend an ultra light thin pot over a fire! (Of the Oh dear I've welded my food to the pot variety).

I know you just started a thread looking for an enamelled pot so you must know it's horses for courses? I've been using a multitude of pots for years, from lightweight jobbies, to anodised aluminium, to enamelled to heavy cast. Oh and tagines. I like to cook, and I like to eat well if appropriate to the situation whilst away. It's just another string to my bow and way of doing things.

Cataplanas are mainly designed for wood fired ovens but can be used on direct heat too and act a bit like a lightweight pressure cooker.

What can I say... "I also cook".:rolleyes:

ATB,
GB.

Imagedude

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 24, 2011
Gwynedd
I seem to remember you asking about how to suspend an ultra light thin pot over a fire! (Of the Oh dear I've welded my food to the pot variety).

It was of the 'I only use it to melt snow/boil water' variety.

I know you just started a thread looking for an enamelled pot so you must know it's horses for courses? I've been using a multitude of pots for years, from lightweight jobbies, to anodised aluminium, to enamelled to heavy cast. Oh and tagines. I like to cook, and I like to eat well if appropriate to the situation whilst away. It's just another string to my bow and way of doing things.

Cataplanas are mainly designed for wood fired ovens but can be used on direct heat too and act a bit like a lightweight pressure cooker.

What can I say... "I also cook".:rolleyes:

ATB,
GB.

Funnily enough I'm currently using my new 1/2 price Denby enamelled pots for slow cooking in the oven. I'm sure the cataplanas can be used on an open fire but they would need to be watched constantly; I'm of the opinion that they are best used in a more consistent and controlled environment.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE