double burner grill

spiritwalker

Native
Jun 22, 2009
wirral
I know double burners have been discussed before but i reckon my question is a little different...

ok i own about 10 stoves mainly lightweight brew ups trangias etc but now my family has expanded to 4 i was looking at taking the plunge and getting a double burner stove with a grill. It is the latter that is the most important as try as we might apart from an open fire and a grill we have always failed to get some decent toast when camping. I have tried all the toaster things that sit on burners and they are poo. So i was looking to go down the proper gas bottle hose double burner grill route and i seen a nice affordable one from hi gear at go outdoors but reading the reviews the grill is supposed to be rubbish...

so whos got one that knocks up decent toast quickly that they can recommend ?

and before you start i refuse to get electric hook ups and carry a toaster.

ged

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 16, 2009
In the woods if possible.
In my experience the butane grills use a heck of a lot of gas for not much result but they can more or less do the job.

Have you considered a toasting fork? :) :campfire:

JohnC

Jun 28, 2005
Edinburgh
I've always had good results with the folding mesh toaster.. We used it a lot last week while camping...getting the burner rate right so you got a decent glow seemed the trick..

spiritwalker

Native
Jun 22, 2009
wirral
the fire does work but most sites (im talking family camping here as opposed to bushcrafting solo mio) dont allow them. The mesh toaster i had one it was ok but for 4 lots of breakie it wouldnt do, besides the mesh seemed all to perfect for my vaseline tin alcohol burner:rolleyes:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE