Don't spend £30 on a milbanks bag. RIP OFF!

Harmonica

Forager
Jul 16, 2006
Clara Vale, Tyne and Wear
JohnC said:
How about the iodine and anti iodine taste tabs? can you get them from chemists? What kind of weight of canvas seems right?

I heard a good tip on a Woodsmoke course. Iodine neatralising tablets are made of ascorbic acid which is more commonly called vitamin C so get yourself a big tube of vit C tablets from the chemists for a lot less money than your small amount of neutrauising tablets at the outdoor shop!

Disolve a quarter tablet to a litre of treated water, makes sense as 4 litres is a good daily intake if your sweating - the tablets come in fruity flavours too :D

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Lidl's do a tube of effervescent Vit C tablests for 99p they're about the size of a pound coin. They're impressive in a glass :eek: I reckon you could just use a little bit of them to clear the taste of the sterilising solutiopn.

Cheers,
Toddy

wildrover

Nomad
Sep 1, 2005
Scotland
andyn said:
Just what i was wondering. I paid £10 for mine brand new only a month or so ago and that came with iodine and neutralising powder AND a cool bag to put it all in :D

Where did you get it from?
I can't find it this cheaply.

nipper

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Here's an Idea!

I wonder if the canvas money bags that you get from the bank would work? they are dead easy to get hold of and we could call them Lloydsbank instead of millbank :lmao: (sorry! i'd better wind neck in now)

Nick

Spacemonkey

Native
May 8, 2005
Llamaville.
www.jasperfforde.com
nipper said:
Here's an Idea!

I wonder if the canvas money bags that you get from the bank would work? they are dead easy to get hold of ...

...all you need is a sawn off shotgun and a fast Cortina! Don't forget to empty the paper stuff from inside first as this will clog the bag up. Could be useful as tinder though??

dtalbot

Jan 7, 2004
Derbyshire
Spacemonkey said:
Jees, next you'll say not to buy a £250 name branded knife when a £10 Mora would do? Hang on, wait a minute.....
outofhere.gif
No what he is saying is the same can be got for way less, like one of the top notch makers on BB will make you a one off custom knife better than the £250 branded for under a ton!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE