dont know if there is any farmers out there but

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Status
Not open for further replies.

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
I remember when he originally made that speech to the FFA. It was a good commercial last night.

Apparently Boatman and Forager, you have never ben a farmer or rancher.

boatman

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 20, 2007
Cornwall
Never been a God either Santaman so must be triple disqualified from having an opinion. Come to think of it if lack of evidence is what matters I might have been a God but don't remember creating farmers. Did God also create dustbowls, boll-weevils, foot and mouth disease etc? If so I apogise for these acts of creation.

Last edited:

sasquatch

Jun 15, 2008
Northampton
Farming in the UK is completely different to farming in North America. Was good to hear Paul Harvey even if he was waffling on about God. Good day...

boatman

Feb 20, 2007
Cornwall
Farming in the UK is completely different to farming in North America. Was good to hear Paul Harvey even if he was waffling on about God. Good day...

Farmers seem much the same in the UK, was one on TV complaining he never got a wage but his worker did. Looking forward to the end of the Agricultural Wages Board so he could pay a pound or so less an hour to his workers. I f he was chosen by God......

lou1661

Jul 18, 2004
Hampshire
It all seems a little to religious. If you ask me, I thought that religion. Was one of the things that was left away from the forum?

demographic

Apr 15, 2005
-------------
Evolution shaped people so they could manufacture buckets, I think I'm going to need one now.
Oh and my parents were both hillfarmers.

santaman2000

Jan 15, 2011
Florida
Farmers seem much the same in the UK, was one on TV complaining he never got a wage but his worker did. Looking forward to the end of the Agricultural Wages Board so he could pay a pound or so less an hour to his workers. I f he was chosen by God......

Apparently not. Are you would have recognized that the video was a tv commercial aimed at farmers to buy Dodge. They just superimposed a 30+ year old speech.

Not to mention that you seem to believe North American farms have "workers." There are some transient workers (a lot actually) on the plantation farms. But the vast majority are family owned and operated. The only "workers" are family members.

Last edited:

santaman2000

Jan 15, 2011
Florida

Yeah I remember it was different when I was there too. And I miss Paul Harvey too; especially, "page two."

boatman

Feb 20, 2007
Cornwall
No permanent workers (hands?) because perhaps they might have to take responsibilty, a bit, for them. Migrant labor far more convenient I suppose but then we use this labour a lot in the UK as well as contractors for cropping and the rest.

sasquatch

Jun 15, 2008
Northampton
Yeah I remember it was different when I was there too. And I miss Paul Harvey too; especially, "page two."

Ya it's still way different here compared to the farms on the prairies. I used to love hearing 'the rest of the story' on the wireless at work...

Status
Not open for further replies.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE