Done myself another F1

Dougster

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 13, 2005
The banks of the Deveron.
Stupidly sold my last one with some of the most beautiful Elm burr I ever saw.

Took me a while but I got around to making myself another this time in stabilised masur birch (ever the man to deal a belter is Pikebite).

I took my inspiration from C Claycombe of this parish as I have a knife from him and the Spyderco Bushcrafter to prove he knows his ergos.

I did a plain old sheath for this as I like things all uncluttered.

Hope you like:

SAM_1405.jpg

SAM_1404.jpg

SAM_1403.jpg

SAM_1398.jpg

Dougster

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 13, 2005
The banks of the Deveron.
very very nice mate, any pics of the elm one?

Sadly not. It was beautiful wood, and I'm gutted I sold it. Another reason I wish I had kept it was that it reminded me of something important. I used it to dispatch an animal when I misplaced a shot. The first and thankfully only time I have had to do it. I didn't sleep much the night after that and I sold the knife partly because of the association - one of the reasons I would now carry it - to remind me to take that extra time.

luckylee

On a new Journey
Aug 24, 2010
birmingham
looks fantastic mate, and yes chris noe's his erganomics, evertime i pick up my bushcrafter i love how the handle feel's, cracking job, and i can't weight to have a go at one of these.
hope mine turns out as nice as this mate.

Nonsuch

Life Member
Sep 19, 2008
Scotland, looking at mountains
Sadly not. It was beautiful wood, and I'm gutted I sold it. Another reason I wish I had kept it was that it reminded me of something important. I used it to dispatch an animal when I misplaced a shot. The first and thankfully only time I have had to do it. I didn't sleep much the night after that and I sold the knife partly because of the association - one of the reasons I would now carry it - to remind me to take that extra time.

Was it I who had it off you?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE