Dogs, what you got?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Allans865

Nov 17, 2016
East Kilbride
Here's Benji and Alfie, 2 Westies...brothers from the same mother.

Benji is 7 and Alfie is 6.

Showing no sign whatsoever of slowing down yet, and keep us on out toes constantly!

cf9716881c5868a341c27f02e2640abd.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

spud_23

Forager
May 27, 2010
Leicester
9d0da86ed0e1e0d1253379c3659ce443.jpg

My 18mo old lab Barney, Loves the Hammock and camping life, not at all keen. On Tents since camping on Arran and hitting a wild storm on the beach😂
also have another 5 that I work with👌

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

clydeman

Aug 9, 2017
Glasgow
IMAG0469.jpg My three enjoying sunshine,clyde border collie,tanya miniature dachshund,and wee molly the miniature schnauzer who passed away last july.

Last edited:

bob_the_baker

May 22, 2012
Swansea
Loki, my 1 year old Collie Lab cross (maybe a bit of greyhound in there as well, she has a very long back). She likes to chase flying things and destroy plastic and rubber things. Nicest character dog I've ever had
loki.jpg

SaraR

Mar 25, 2017
Ceredigion
I've got two Cavalier King Charles spaniel x Bichon Frise. They are sisters and the most good-natured dogs ever and always up for whatever you want to do.

8e606ab8c06622f42c65646a69099a7d.jpg

This is Rita the rescue dog. It has been suggested that she could be a Beauceron, or perhaps rottie crossed with something. She's definitely part-idiot, and loves to crash around in the woods, chase squirrels, snooze by the campfire and follow my other half everywhere.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Many of your dogs are too small to hunt game. But I guess you have them as pets?

I'm not sure of the English names, but we have two types. One for sledge in winter 0 a bit like huskey/wolf cross breed.

Some of us also have fast big hunting dogs used for chasing bear, and similar big game. I guess they are same as big lurcher.

baggins

Apr 20, 2005
Coventry (and surveying trees uk wide)
Thats very true Joe, but then, hunting with dogs is illegal in the UK. Also, we no longer have the large game that would really require dogs. Several of our breeds (posted up here) such as labradors and spaniels are retrieving breeds and many of the terriers were traditionally used for catching rats etc.
Indeed, you are right, most folk on here have their dogs as pets these days. My Boarder Collie, Tess, came from a working sheep farm and her parents were good welsh sheep dogs, however, she wouldn't know a sheep if it was stood in front of her. She's spoilt rotten, sleeps up in the bedroom and has her own sleeping bag when we go camping, She is getting on a bit and does feel the cold (so i tell myself, lol).

Zingmo

Eardstapa
Jan 4, 2010
S. Staffs
We have recently given a home to this beast:

Doggo.jpg

Part Staffie, part whippet, part Gloucester Old Spot!

Not really a bushcrafty dog; she was obviously brought up a townie. She's slowly learning that trees are hard when you run into them, sheep are not toys, and wasps do not make good snacks.

Strange how such an infuriating, ungrateful, smelly creature can get under your skin...

Z

Robbi

Mar 1, 2009
northern ireland
Love it :)

We have recently given a home to this beast:

View attachment 45587

Part Staffie, part whippet, part Gloucester Old Spot!

Not really a bushcrafty dog; she was obviously brought up a townie. She's slowly learning that trees are hard when you run into them, sheep are not toys, and wasps do not make good snacks.

Strange how such an infuriating, ungrateful, smelly creature can get under your skin...

Z

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE