Does anyone have experience with Tentipi 15?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Hello

I'm considering buying a Tentipi zirkon 15 for use as a dining room for a bushcraft bistro but I've never seen one up close and live many many hours from the nearest stockist so can't go and have a look at one. Does anyone have first hand experience of how spacious they are inside? I'd like to be able to sit eight people around a table and still be able to walk around the table to serve people. Is this a possibility?

Any opinions gratefully received.

Nohoval_Turrets

Sep 28, 2004
Ireland
Like Wayne I've never seen the 15 (I have a Kvarts 7), but I agree that it would be at least tight space-wise. Even in the 15, the area with true standing room is not all that large. With the pitch going all the way to the ground, the extremities are very low, and you'll have very little headroom away from the middle, so the servers would end up leaning over the guests.

A bell-tent might give you more usable space for this sort of thing? Or maybe one of those army mess tents?

GGTBod

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 28, 2014
I've used a 12x12 gazebo from argos for the same purpose, the roof was waterproof and the side walls were zippered fly sheets you could tie up out of the way whilst open, allowed us all to eat in peace from the mossies, midgies and horsefly

Klenchblaize

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 25, 2005
Greensand Ridge
Given the intended use that implies a lengthy setup in one place I would consider something with less 'frills' and focus on a fabric that is physically more difficult to damage. That really leaves but canvas as already mentioned so if there are no off-the-shelf 15 or 20 person offerings in this Old School material it might be worth investigating a custom made one.

No idea who might make one though.

All the best

K

adestu

Native
Jan 19, 2010
swindon
If i was considering spending the money on one id get in touch with tamerack.they might be able to help

Rabid

Nomad
Dec 15, 2014
Sleaford Lincolnshire
Hi I have a 5m Bell tent and it would easily sit 8 people around a table inside.
There is enough space in them to have 4 double airbeds in them and single airbeds in between them as if they were in a circle.
Loads of room.

Apr 15, 2016
Seattle, WA
Interesting product. I've been in a few real tepees with a fire in the center and bedding around the edges. Certainly a cool design. These Tentipi's look like a good idea.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE