Does anyone have an idea what this is for?

pwb

My first thought is that it looks like a very strange butter pat :confused:.
The more I look though I seem to remember seeing something kind of similar that was used for stretching webbing on antique chairs... could be very wrong though :D

shaggystu

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
.....The more I look though I seem to remember seeing something kind of similar that was used for stretching webbing on antique chairs... could be very wrong though :D

i could see how it would work for this, my mother used to re-condition a lot of old chairs and she used something fairly similar, although hers was made from steel. it could definately be used to stretch/tension webbing straps anyway.

stuart

Apr 3, 2008
Eindhoven, NL
thanks everyone;

I've googled images of webbing-stretchers, nothing quite like it so far, but I can see how it could work for that.

I've just been informed that when it was bought it had a small sticker on it with a horse, but no further info. I'll sign up to a horsey website and see if they know anything, but I'm inclined to go with the webbing-stretcher so far...

Any more ideas welcome!

Hope everyone's enjoying the mild day, very welcome here in Holland after all the rain and fog...

Al :)

Ph34r

Settler
Feb 2, 2010
Oxfordshire, England
I think you'll find it's actually used to beat your consort when she has forgotten to to feed the other slaves.
Actually, wait, purple cats... yellow skies, crap that must have been a dream.

On a serious note, i don't think it's a strapping tension, in my experience they don't look quite like that, but I would be interested to see how it works if it is.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE