Dodge 50 camper parts wanted...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Aug 4, 2005
Sunny South Wales.
I'm not sure if this is bushcrafty enough for BCUK, so I won't be offended if the mods decide to move or delete this post...

so93sw.jpg

bd0sw.jpg

Here's my new bus. It's a 1989 Renault Dodge 50 mobile library which has already been semi converted into a camper. It has a stereo, a sink with cold water, a split charge system with leisure battery, a gas hob, 12v lighting, opening skylights, a huge bed, and plenty of storage.

It's a cracking bus. It's small on the outside, but big on the inside. It runs a four litre Perkins Phaser diesel engine with twin tanks and a calorifier for running on alternative fuels.

To upgrade it to a proper live aboard I need the following bits:

A shower tray

A cassette loo

plastic tongue and groove for the shower cubicle

A 12v water pump

A water heater (carver?)

Any other bits of old caravan which might come in handy.

It has a factory fitted Webasto night heater which unfortunately doesn't work, so a wood burning stove might be on the shopping list if I can't get the blown air system fixed.

I also need a windscreen.

Please drop me a PM if any of you stumble across any of the above.

This is the first big camper I've had, so any pearls of wisdom would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Dai .

AJB

Native
Oct 2, 2004
Lancashire
Bizarre – there was a mobile library being camped in at Great Langdale a couple of weeks ago – must be the choice of bedtime reading! Sorry. Looks like a great bit of kit and a great project – the wood burner would freak me out a bit though :)

Aug 4, 2005
Sunny South Wales.
Bizarre – there was a mobile library being camped in at Great Langdale a couple of weeks ago – must be the choice of bedtime reading! Sorry. Looks like a great bit of kit and a great project – the wood burner would freak me out a bit though :)

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

I'm hoping that the Webasto heating system can be fixed. I like the concept of a woodburner, but I don't think the reality will be quite so romantic...:rolleyes:

Aug 4, 2005
Sunny South Wales.
Brilliant!!!!!!
It would be great to get a woodburner in there. I have an old bay window VW and just dont have the space for anything.
Goodluck with the project:)

Thanks Bodge:) .I had an air cooled bay window back in the day, and am currently on my third diesel VW T4. Cool buses, but not really practical for long term use in our cold and wet climate:umbrella: .

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE