Documentary:can You Help Out

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

NATURE or CONCRETE?

• NATURE

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • CONCRETE

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • SAND

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • WOODS

Votes: 6 60.0%

• Total voters
Nov 14, 2005
wolverhampton/uk
MISSISSIPPI:TALES OF THE LAST RIVER RAT
What a very good programe, Kenny Salweys is a man that lives his life with zest.
A river being his home, nature his soul-mate,the stars his blanket.
Andrew graham brown needed only to point the lens to show a world where nature is No1. The music is the second reason why I write today and require your help with tracking down the sound tracks used, "A compilation of various artists from the 1940s" is all the info I have, I would be overjoyed to receive any more information.

Many Thanks

Richierich.

Marts

Native
May 5, 2005
London
It's alright I think I can translate

1 Does anyone know where to get a copy of the documentary or have any further information or links to the person in the documentary?

2 I really like the music too. Does anyone know where I can find a recording of it?

3 I noticed an option to put a poll on posts you create. It seemed like a great idea so I put one in this thread too. ;)

Welcome to BCUK Richierich

:D

:You_Rock_ but the way you write your posts doesn't.

tomtom

Dec 9, 2003
Sunny South Devon
how funny this should come up now, its nearly a year since the program aired.. has it been re shown or something?

i would certainly be interested in a copy of the program and/or music if one is avalible!

tomtom

Dec 9, 2003
Sunny South Devon
Oh fantastic it seems that Kenny Salwey (AKA the last river rat) has writen a book, i had hoped he would, it was released on the 30th of sept this year by Voyageur Press

Tales Of A River Rat: Kenny Salwey

Author: Kenny Salwey

Kenny Salwey, the legendary Last River Rat and famed storyteller, presents a new collection of “rat tales,” sure to delight, inform, and entertain. A modern-day American hermit who has lived most of his life in the Mississippi river bottoms, Kenny knows the river ecosystem with an intimacy unavailable to most. Here, he shares his love of, and knowledge about, the mighty river. Read through the pages of "Kenny Salwey’s Tales of a River Rat," and you’ll gain a new perspective on what it means to live with the rhythms of nature. Known as the Woodsman of the Mississippi Backwaters—he’s a hunter, trapper, outdoor guide, and self-sufficient woodsman—Kenny Salwey is said to have cut his milk teeth on a canoe paddle and seasoned it with Mississippi mud. He’s a Mississippi River guide for hunting, fishing, and nature watching; a storyteller; an instructor on environmental education; and a keynote speaker.

Pages: 256
ISBN: 0896586499

I've ordered my copy :D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE