do you have a folder for when its better to be discreet?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

ged

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 16, 2009
In the woods if possible.
...what do you carry on those occasions?

I rarely carry a fixed blade. I might have one in my pack, but hardly ever on my belt. A Victorinox Swiss Tool normally lives on my belt.

i ordered a EKA swede 8 today

Good choice. An EKA Super Swede (I guess it's 20 years old now) is my favourite folder, that normally lives in my pocket. I can't remember ever having to sharpen it, although I only use it for clean and light duties e.g. food prep.

we don't get the excellent pouch in the UK though?

Yeah, that's a bummer. One of these days I'll get one of the guys here to make one for me. :)

since joining here i have spent to much,mostly on small things,this will be the last

Yeah, I believe you. :)

Last edited:
Mar 26, 2011
kent
Such a crime that you can't just carry any knife you want, if you wanted to hurt someone you could use anything from a housebrick to a biro. This country's laws are such a farce. I must admit that i usually end up carry anything i fancy although i usually have reason for it as i'm quite often enroute to/from my shoot or at work etc. My leatherman goes in my pocket all day everyday.

Badger90

Forager
Mar 17, 2011
Devon
I've carried my PST Leatherman on my belt for nearly 9 years now and have never in my life been stopped for it, even last summer when i was stopped for a dodgy light, the copper didn't ask why i was carrying it when i took it out to remove the brake light cover and remove the bulb so i could check what i needed at the garage ( i knew anyway, i was just showing willing ;) )

Chastiser

Need to contact Admin...
The Spanish-made Joker carbon steel folders are very nice and are UK street legal

yup i carry one every day in a belt pouch. excellent knife for the money. the knife came from handyniknaks and the pouch from heinnies. less that 20 squids all in.

i find the knife, although a cheap one takes a very good edge indeed, shaving sharp. arrived quite sharp and only needed a strop to bring it up.

Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
"...since joining here i have spent to much,mostly on small things..."

I think that is normal for many here. :)

I could legally carry a fixed blade day to day in this country however blade length is limited to 8 cm, so I usually carry a Doug Ritter mini RSK 1.

Last edited:

BillyBlade

Settler
Jul 27, 2011
Lanarkshire
Always carry a victorinox folder, non locking and hence legal (blade length complies) with me. It lives next to my Pelican Mitylite and dual turboflame in my pocket. Always has, always will.

In my rucksack, I have a Junglee Safari locking folder. Very impressive knife, takes a great edge and last year I managed fine for 4 days in woodland with that folder as my main knife. It stood up to batoning like a dream.

Sadly, the laws in the UK leave a lot to be desired. Having seen the damage that can be done with a stilletto heel many years ago when I worked a door, I agree that pretty much anything can be used as a weapon to very good effect.

Fjällräven

Jul 29, 2011
Denmark
As an EDC I carry a small Case sodbuster (no lock). Great little knife that I use for many tasks.
My favourite folder allthough is the EKA Swede 88 (I have three!) which I always carry as my back up knife when im in the field, and sometimes its more often used than my Helle Eggen....
I have regret that I sold my Fällkniven TK4 folder two years ago, so right now i am thinking of buying a new one.

Last edited:

Peanut

Tenderfoot
Jul 21, 2011
Essex
I normally EDC a SAK Spartan or sometimes a Gerber Hinderer at work (reasonable excuse etc etc), and I always have a leatherman or Gerber multitool in my bag (hoping to replace the Gerbers with cheap Leatherman Waves from the US when the parents go there in September). I've recently picked up a couple of EKA Swede 8s and after a few minutes on the sharpmaker they're pretty good.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE