Do we have any Shamen on here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris the Cat

Jan 29, 2008
Exmoor
No youtube clips please, its not a joke! ( this time! )

Anyone with knowledge able to give me a shout.
I have a 'power animal' question.

Best.

Chris.

greatbear

Apr 8, 2013
rotherham
I tarot read and do work with totem animals not joking, im not native American just sad old Yorkshire but ive tarot read since I was 15 and now am cracking 50 so quite experienced if I can help answer your question I will
No youtube clips please, its not a joke! ( this time! )

Anyone with knowledge able to give me a shout.
I have a 'power animal' question.

Best.

Chris.

RonW

Native
Nov 29, 2010
Dalarna Sweden
Mine's the moose.
Allways had a special connection to the animal, deep from within.
Someone my wife knew in Holland got into the matter deeper, since she had quite some experience in this field and came up with a description that perfectly matched me, without having ever having contacted me in any way.

As far as I understand it you have a totemanimal that is with you for life and there are those that bring a message by appearing into your life in a profound way at a certain stage. Several animals have several meanings.

Maybe some searches on the totemanimal you are dealing with now might help.

woodstock

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 7, 2007
off grid somewhere else
I used to meet with some friends in a village outside Cov. and one evening we did a meditation to find our power animal, well there were bears and wolves, eagles you know the sort of thing but the only animal that came to me and persisted was a mouse, as they were going around the circle I kept thinking wolf, eagle, lion anything but a mouse, so when it came to my turn I blurted out mouse, afterwards I realised wehat a wonderful resilient animal the mouse has to be just to say alive so im very fond of my power animal.
In the Chinese calender im a fire monkey which I am by nature.

Shambling Shaman

May 1, 2006
In The Wild
www.mindsetcentral.com
What follows is only my belief it it not right or wrong it's just the way it works for me.

A power animal can also be called your Main spirit guide, it being the one that will always be there to guid you.

A totem animal can be you main guid for a particular time in your life where you need to draw or be guided with an alternative strength/characteristic of that totom. And your totom spirit can alter accordingly.

Under pining this will be your main guid that will always be close at hand, also not all totem spirits are animals a guid could equally be an ancestor or in some cases (for me anyway) A tree or plant.

This as I've said is just the way I understand and relate to this.

Rob

ps my main guid is the Robin.

RonW

Native
Nov 29, 2010
Dalarna Sweden
Would you please have the decency and respect to let others think differently?
The little signature in the righthand corner shows your status exactly.
I'd use a different description, though...

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
brick

Unforgivably rude!

Last edited:

RonW

Native
Nov 29, 2010
Dalarna Sweden
Totems present themselves as animals that show themselves very noticably more than usual, either by increased presence of themselves or by increased awareness by you. They are meant to send you a message, often in times when you struggle with certain issues.
A guide might make itself noticeable by creating deep feelings of a presence, sudden strong mental images or recollections or smells.

These are my personal experiences.

boatman

Feb 20, 2007
Cornwall
So remember folks any sort of nonsense can be posted by SOME people but if you shine a rational light on it you will be sanctioned. I thought no religion meant no religion not some religion by some people .

As to the topic, of course some tribal groups had totem animals and animals they were prevented by geis from eating and there is a medical condition known as clinical lycanthropy do "power animals" lie somewhere on this spectrum?

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
So remember folks any sort of nonsense can be posted by SOME people but if you shine a rational light on it you will be sanctioned. I thought no religion meant no religion not some religion by some people .

As to the topic, of course some tribal groups had totem animals and animals they were prevented by geis from eating and there is a medical condition known as clinical lycanthropy do "power animals" lie somewhere on this spectrum?

Troll!
As requested by a Mod - be respectful please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE