Do-it-yourself-stuff.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Yeagh same here I think it's great. The guy is really skilled in seaming!

For a long time I've wanted to make my own stuff but my gd lady does not own a sewing machine nor knows how to use one so I've hand stitched everything I sew. Yesterday I bought heavy fibre pile lining material (I could only buy it in white), and made an inner sleeping bag for my 80's issue MK2 Arctic bag (they came with a liner but mine did not have one). If anyone knows these bags, they are warm but not good in really cold conditions which is ironic really! It took me 4.5 hours of cutting and rough hand stitching using linen thread for strength to make my inner. What a difference in comfort now. I lose a little space inside the bag because of the bulk but the warmth increase is incredible. It's like a very cheap copy of a buffalo inner bag and it does the job fine. The material was only £15 from Dunelm Mill.

Now I'm after a sewing machine!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE