DIY Woodburner stove

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

TREETOP

Forager
Mar 29, 2010
Here wishing i was out there
Hi,
I'm making a mini woodburning stove from an old 4.5kg butane calor gas bottle for my polish army tipi

photo02209378649.jpg

photo0223z.jpg

photo0225f.jpg

photo0226g.jpg

photo0246.jpg

photo0247.jpg

photo0253.jpg

photo0255k.jpg

photo0256.jpg

TAKE A LOOK HERE http://www.bushcraftliving.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8649

Cheers

Last edited:

g4ghb

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 21, 2005
Wiltshire
i agree 6mm would be ok but to me the item looks like 0.6mm :rolleyes: - hopefully I'll be proved wrong!

Peat

Forager
Aug 29, 2008
West country
Does seem slightly turned up at the edges on the picture so it may be 0.6mm... and it seems quite expensive for what it is. Woulda thought you could get a scrap piece piece for more or less free with a bit of hunting.

g4ghb

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 21, 2005
Wiltshire
wow I was right! :Wow: that doesn't happen very often!

do you have a scrap metal merchants near you? - I reckon that would be the place to pick up a nice thick piece of steel suitable - and pretty reasonable price too I would wager:rolleyes:

TREETOP

Forager
Mar 29, 2010
wow I was right! :Wow: that doesn't happen very often!

do you have a scrap metal merchants near you? - I reckon that would be the place to pick up a nice thick piece of steel suitable - and pretty reasonable price too I would wager:rolleyes:

Got a bit of 3mm sheet steel today that was the best i could find but cheap(£3). cut the top to shape made a door and latch working on the air damper now i'll try get some pics but not sure how to post them on here:dunno:.
taken ages to find a 4.5kg calor bottle as most places wanted £30 deposit for one but i ended up swapping a 15kg bottle i had laying around unwanted.

TREETOP

Forager
Mar 29, 2010
Cheers for that G4, here's a couple of pics of the 4.5kg gas bottle stove thats been cut but still a long way to go.

Top been cut from 3mm steel plate and stove door opening been cut.

welding still to do but most of the parts have been made now just need the time to put it together.
Cheers

Last edited:

TREETOP

Forager
Mar 29, 2010
Hi, Got some more done on the stove today, let me know what you think or any ideas you may have.

Stove with paint striped off
photo0223z.th.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Stove door and latch been fitted but welding still to do
photo0225f.th.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Still working on the air damper and ash grate
photo0226g.th.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Cheers

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE