DIY Knife

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

happybonzo

Tenderfoot
Dec 17, 2005
Nr Emsworth, Hants
That seems expensive at Euro200.00 when you consider you can buy a similar blade here for £50.00.

Any suggestions for suppliers etc would be welcome. I wouldn't mind having something half decent but really cannot justify £200+ and that's what a lot of the hand made kinfes seem to be

maddave

Jan 2, 2004
Manchester UK
Have a look at these

http://www.attacc.com/acatalog/KNIFE_MAKING_KITS.html

I've made one of the £30 kits...Turned out OK I think

knifegi6.jpg

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
For UK suppliers of knife kits, either Dennis at Brisa.fi - even though he's in Finland, his gear arrives in quick time and they work out cheaper than similar items from Attacc (sorry Maddave) or Steve Wade Cox, have a search for SWC handmadeknives!. No relation to either other than a satisfied customer of both.

ATB

Ogri the trog

eskimotwenty

Jun 1, 2007
Manchester
i've used brisa for knife scales (quick turnround) but i have been tempted by some of the enzo blades and kits, i can also recommend swc just recently bought a sheath and blade from steve, the blade is a woodlore (ray mears) look-a-like came polished and razor sharp, i'm just in the middle of adding the scales, paid £55 for just the blade, which i thought was quite reasonable. again no relation of either just a very satisfied customer of both.

Tourist

Settler
Jun 15, 2007
Northants
Any suggestions for suppliers etc would be welcome. I wouldn't mind having something half decent but really cannot justify £200+ and that's what a lot of the hand made kinfes seem to be

A few bladesmiths produce bushy blades for you to handle yourself all at around the £50 - £55 mark: Shing; Spain; Steve at SWC; Bernie Garland. There are more than a few around and some are members here.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE