For Sale DIY kit: Make your own double sided leather strop

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

sxmolloy

Mar 22, 2006
lancashire, north west england
2 kits on offer, each are £5 delivered. Payment by bank transfer please.

I've made quite a few strops (both paddle and bench) using this leather and it works very well.
The leather is repurposed from my old sofa, the paddles are brand new wooden serving boards cut down by myself on a table saw.
When I make my strops I have used carpet tape and super glue to attach the leather. The boards are cut so that they are slightly thinner than Wilko's carpet tape, pretty sure Duck carpet tape is the same width too.

Each kit contains one wooden paddle and 2 pieces of leather. There is plenty of leather to make a double sided strop. The Opinel No. 6 knife is for scale purposes only, the bench strop to demonstrate how the leather looks after its been used with a Autosol

Any questions please ask.

IMG_6545[1].JPG
IMG_6546[1].JPG IMG_6547[1].JPG
IMG_6548[1].JPG
IMG_6546[1].JPG IMG_6549[1].JPG

IMG_6551[1].JPG
IMG_6552[1].JPG

Attachments

• IMG_6550[1].JPG
    IMG_6550[1].JPG
    48.7 KB · Views: 11
Reactions: Madriverrob

sxmolloy

Mar 22, 2006
lancashire, north west england
Bump....here's another one I put together last night, nice quick little project. I used a spray glue this time to attach the leather, a little messy but turned out well.

Still one kit available

IMG_6589[1].JPG

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE