Discovered: Zebra billy cans for £6.20 & £4.95

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Ahjno

Vice-Adminral
Admin
Aug 9, 2004
Rotterdam (NL)
www.bushcraftuk.com
Good to hear there are still 10cm billy cans, I'm in the market for one! :naughty:

Gave Weymoouth an e-mail on new years eve for some additional info (P&P to the Netherlands, and if it was possible to make the purchase by credit card in some way: the billy's aren't on their site) ... but still no reply from them :nono:

Does anyone of you lads knows the score??

Cheers,

alick

Settler
Aug 29, 2003
Northwich, Cheshire
I just followed the earlier advice

ring their Weymouth shop on 01305 839433 and ask to speak to Mrs Clarke.

Mrs Clarke was the one who answered the phone - said she'd made up 8 or 9 parcels only yesterday. I paid via credit card no problem. Can't comment on shipping overseas though.

Having looked at the website, I think I may have dealt with them before. They also sell very high quality laminated kitchen knives by Kasumi and I bought one of these from a company on the south coast by internet a 2 years back. Don't have the details to hand any longer but it all seems very familiar. That was delivered without fuss at a competitive price.

The only thing to beware of is buying anything from the UK that's too big to go by the royal mail (letters) as opposed to parcelforce (parcels). There's a size limit and 2kg max weight. I priced up returning a bow to the USA for replacement under warranty last week and found that parcelforce in the UK would charge me £83 GBP for international airmail compared to the $30 USD that the US postal service charged me for the same parcel sent the other way. That's about FIVE TIMES more expensive for the same service.

Don't touch parcelfarce with a barge-pole !

Cheers

khimbar

Nomad
Jan 5, 2005
birmingham uk
Hi all,

I only found and joined this forum yesterday, and today managed to order two of the 10cm billy-cans for an £4.95. If this is how this place starts I may be here some time... :)

Ed

Admin
Admin
Aug 27, 2003
South Wales Valleys
Welcome aboard khimbar, enjoy the forums and feel free to introduce yourself in the introductions and welcomes forum.

:biggthump
Ed

zen

Tenderfoot
Aug 13, 2004
Dorset
I was in the shop this afternoon (I live in Weymouth).

They've got loads of the 10cm left but they now reckon it'll be about 8 weeks before any more of the 12cm come in.

They do other similar stuff by Zebra (eg steel food containers) so make sure you specify "Loop Handle Pot" if phoning or emailing them about the billy cans.

Thanks for the tip Mallow Man. :You_Rock_

Mallow Man

Jul 10, 2004
Devon
Squidders said:
I got a 12cm zebra billy can before Christmas and agree about the quality... used it a few times and works a treat.

I was also a little confused about the steamer but had resigned myself to using it as a bowl and boiling the rice...

Steaming sounds a little poncy any way really. like i'll be presenting my meals like a TV chef with a nice little sprig of something on top anyway :roll:

Squidders,

I think the confusion is (may someone prove me wrong!) that the steamer insert is in fact a plate/bowl/small fry-pan and not a perforated steamer (in the strict sense of the word) on all of the zebra billy cans that are currently sold.

You are right though. I personally have enough trouble either welding my dinner to the bottom of a billy can or struggling to get it warm enough to ''steam' so a steamer would be of less interest to me anyway! I also would hate to think that I was the Jamie Mockney Oliver of bushcraft (pass me the wild ransom for my chi-chi woodland themed dinner darrrrhhhlllinnng)

Cheers

Mal

simonsays

Forager
Sep 9, 2004
sunderland
Andy said:
welcome, I found it got more expensive as I was here longer.

<sigh>
Aint that the truth. It starts with little things, Some fire-starting kit perhaps maybe followed by a tin mug of sorts.
You tell yourself you can handle it. No problem.

Other purchases will follow.. A knife, a cooking pot, a new sleeping bag. A basha to replace that heavy tent. Hand carved wooden spoons will start to appear around your house.
You tell yourself you can *still* handle it. No problem.

You book onto a course. You order a frighteningly expensive knife from a custom bladesmith. You actually start to wonder how much it costs to buy a couple of acres of woodland.
You tell yourself you can handle it. But deep down you know you're hooked :eek:):

Mallow Man

Jul 10, 2004
Devon
My gawd. I think you are onto something here.

I think we should start a strand for the Bushcraft addicted.

Bush Anon

"Hi, I'm Mal and I am a Bushaholic"

The problem is...I think the 12 Steps is a tracking course and thats why I signed up.

Its hopeless. I have an addiction.

Mal

Ahjno

Vice-Adminral
Admin
Aug 9, 2004
Rotterdam (NL)
www.bushcraftuk.com
Mallow Man said:
My gawd. I think you are onto something here.

I think we should start a strand for the Bushcraft addicted.

Bush Anon

"Hi, I'm Mal and I am a Bushaholic"

The problem is...I think the 12 Steps is a tracking course and thats why I signed up.

Its hopeless. I have an addiction.

Mal

We've already got a thread / strand for that :eek:):

See it overhere :wink:

Back to topic ... :roll: ohwell - sort of ...
Finally got some response from Stockpots (e-mailed them at the support mail adress) - they only answered half of my questions :nono:

If this doesn't work out, I'm really going to give them a call - and they really don't want that :eek:): :naughty: :wink:

rapidboy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 14, 2004
BB
I got one during the week but with the roof here blowing off in the storm i didn't have time to play with it untill today.
Seems like good kit and Stockpots where very good to deal with.
Charged me £6.20 posted and the postage was over £2.00 !!!
Johan if you can't get sorted out PM me and im sure i can get one and post it to you ,im not sure what it will cost to ship but i can find out.
I think i got the last 12cm so they only have 10cm left.

shinobi

Settler
Oct 19, 2004
Eastbourne, Sussex.
www.sussar.org
Ahjno said:
Finally got some response from Stockpots (e-mailed them at the support mail adress) - they only answered half of my questions :nono:

If this doesn't work out, I'm really going to give them a call - and they really don't want that :eek:): :naughty: :wink:

I don't think the support e-mail adress is in the same branch as the zebras and mine was also answered by someone who didn't know the stock levels, but the person he put me onto did.

If you have any problems with delivery, PM me and I'll get them for you and sort out the packing myself.

cheers,

Martin

brucemacdonald

Forager
Jul 5, 2004
right here
Found out today that the prices have gone up. We were after a 14cm billy but not at sixteen quid. Still it was nice to have a phone call, which suggests that Stockpots' service is very good (we had no complaints when we ordered our 10cm pot).

I think the prices are only in line with other retailers.

Best wishes

Bruce

Ahjno

Vice-Adminral
Admin
Aug 9, 2004
Rotterdam (NL)
www.bushcraftuk.com
This might offer some help - I made it a few months ago, to get a grip on all the places and all those different prices ...
Moderators: if this is not appropiate to post - please remove / delete this post. ;)

Diameter (cm)........10.............12...........14............16
Height (cm).............11.8..........14...........16.5.........18.8
Weight (kg).............0.450........0.550......0.750........0.950
Liter.........................0.7............1.4..........2.0............3.0

Price (£) @
Stockpots................9.95..........12.45........15.95........19.50
Woodlore .................X..............19.99.........X...............15.00
Bearclaw .................X..............19.99.........23.50........X
Woodland Org. .......16.99 .......17.99........18.99.........X
Survival school........14.99........16.99........19.95........21.95

Moonraker

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 20, 2004
Dorset & France
Ahjno said:
This might of be some help - I made it a few months ago, to get a grip on all the places and all those different prices ...
Moderators: if this is not appropiate to post - please remove / delete this post. ;)

Diameter (cm)........10.............12...........14............16
Height (cm).............11.8..........14...........16.5.........18.8
Weight (kg).............0.450........0.550......0.750........0.950
Liter.........................0.7............1.4..........2.0............3.0

Price (£) @
Stockpots................9.95..........12.45........15.95........19.50
Woodlore .................X..............19.99.........X...............15.00
Bearclaw .................X..............19.99.........23.50........X
Woodland Org. .......16.99 .......17.99........18.99.........X
Survival school........14.99........16.99........19.95........21.95
Useful info Johan. Thanks :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE