Discovered: Zebra billy cans for £6.20 & £4.95

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Mallow Man

Jul 10, 2004
Devon
Hey guys (& girls)

You won't believe this...I was browsing in a cookshop in Weymouth (as one does) and they have a decent stock of brand new, genuine Zebra Loop Handle Pots (ie Billy Cans) with the steamer insert for £6.20 for the 12cms and £4.95 for the 10cms. I would say that this was a bargain. They are their normal ie not sale price!

I think that there are a number of outlets of the store. They have a website: www.stockpots.co.uk (which don't list much of their stock...including the pots) but give the shop a call (or email).

tel: 01305 839 433
fax: 01305 839 433
email: weymouth@stockpots.co.uk

Amazing......

Needless to say I bought one immediately and had a big smile on my face.

Mallow Man

Brainflex

Nov 6, 2004
I have emailed them and 2 12cm pots posted are £16.99.Not quite free P&P but a bargain non the less. My email was replied by Robert if anyone is interested.

Mallow Man

Jul 10, 2004
Devon
So that is £12.40 and then £4.59 P&P for two 12cms pots?

There obviously seems to be a difference from the store sending it than the website information - as this plainly says at the top of the page that it is free P&P hey ho. Good price any way isn't it?

Mallow

shinobi

Settler
Oct 19, 2004
Eastbourne, Sussex.
www.sussar.org
Here's a little more info that I've just received from the company.
10cm = £4.95
12cm = £6.20
And there is no charge for post and packing. If you want to order some of these ring their Weymouth shop on 01305 839433 and ask to speak to Mrs Clarke.
I have just ordered one of each and been given the total of £11.15
They know that word has got out about these prices cos she laughed when I asked for them. She said she has spent most of the morning packing orders for these :rolmao: and they will all be sent out in the new year

Cheers,

Martin

Brainflex

Nov 6, 2004
Where from Mal ?
Did you ring them ?
Who did you contact ?
Why all the questions ?
Will it ever end?

mal

Forager
Sep 20, 2004
Blackpool
Hi Braainflex i just got the number off of there site who put me through to some one else gave my details and that was it.

Mal

Mallow Man

Jul 10, 2004
Devon
Lets hope they get more in stock in the New Year. I also believe that there are several other stores (see their website - in previous postings) that may have more stock.

Glad to have passed on news of a good deal!

Happy New Year everyone.

Mal

woodrat

Forager
Dec 31, 2004
Oregon U.S.A.
Great info, I am afraid to ask them what the shipping to oregon would be, they would think I had dropped my brain on the floor once to often!!.

shinobi

Settler
Oct 19, 2004
Eastbourne, Sussex.
www.sussar.org
Mallow Man said:
You won't believe this...I was browsing in a cookshop in Weymouth (as one does) and they have a decent stock of brand new, genuine Zebra Loop Handle Pots (ie Billy Cans) with the steamer insert for £6.20 for the 12cms and £4.95 for the 10cms. I would say that this was a bargain. They are their normal ie not sale price!

Well, I received my 10cm and 12cm today and I must say that they are lovely pieces of kit. :eek:): very well put together with very snug tolerances. (And thats coming from a sheet metal worker!!)

I have one query though. Shouldn't the steamer insert have holes in the bottom to allow steam through? Mine is just a normal bowl type.

Thanks for the Heads-up Mallow Man. Keep up the good work :biggthump

Cheers,

Martin

Squidders

Aug 3, 2004
Harrow, Middlesex
I got a 12cm zebra billy can before Christmas and agree about the quality... used it a few times and works a treat.

I was also a little confused about the steamer but had resigned myself to using it as a bowl and boiling the rice...

Steaming sounds a little poncy any way really. like i'll be presenting my meals like a TV chef with a nice little sprig of something on top anyway :roll:

shinobi

Settler
Oct 19, 2004
Eastbourne, Sussex.
www.sussar.org
tenbears10 said:
Does the 10cm pot fit inside the 12cm for transporting?

Hiya,

It depends. The 10cm with the bowl and lid fits inside the 12cm, but the loop handle won't fit inside. So you can't fit the 12cm bowl or lid on. If the handle was detachable, you'd be fine.

Hope that makes sense? :?: ?

Cheers,

Martin

alick

Settler
Aug 29, 2003
Northwich, Cheshire
Just ordered the last 12cm pot from weymouth. They still have 10cm ones in stock and expect to receive more deliveries during the year though maybe not straight away.

Cheers.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE