Disappointed DD TARP

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

sandbag47

Jun 12, 2007
northampton
I've been an avid DD fan for several years now.

However, recently I bought 15 3x3 tarps for my Scout troop and 6 of these had no lines of pegs and 2 of them had "Second" written across them in permanent marker. No replacement parts or tarps as yet.

Not terribly impressed really.

Have you been in touch with DD?

sandbag47

Jun 12, 2007
northampton
I understand this. Just wanted to write it down for people who would be interested in buying a DD tarp, but who would take the title or post as a problem with DD tarps in general. Sure faults can happen, and they solved the issue in the best way possible in my opinion: recall/replace and repair the faulty pieces and sell it at a discount with the notice that it was a faulty item which has been repaired ;). The problem here is a reseller who didn't give that information, which isn't an issue with DD. (If they hadn't done the correct thing, and they sold the tarp without any mention of the defect, then DD would definately be to blame and the complaint would be very valid ;) )

I have the superlight tarp and am very pleased with it too.

Thanks IC,

Yes I have a yellow Super LW tarp which I love even though it gets comments from other folk :)

Last edited:

dave89

Nomad
Dec 30, 2012
Sheffield
Just to clear things up I'm not having a go at DD as a company I've got their hammock and more than pleased with that, my old coyote tarp was great until I put a hole in it.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

dewi

May 26, 2015
Cheshire
Tried to change the title but cat figure out how on Tapatalk

Most people viewing the thread will see it for what it is... you're unhappy with a purchase from a 3rd party. If you'd bought direct from DD, they'd have compensated you rather than have an unhappy customer.

There will always be people who have a bad experience with a company though... its the nature of being in business that you can't please everyone. Companies try to resolve it, but when it goes through a 3rd party it is then up to that 3rd party to deal with a complaint in the right way. Hasn't happened in this case, and as far as DD is concerned, unless they're selling flawed items as new and good condition, they're not at fault.

My son and I have DD gear... hammocks, tarps and skins to wrap the hammocks... all works, all good quality and from personal experience, it's kept me comfortable and dry in all sorts of weathers. Others may have had other experiences... but I bet the successes outweigh the failures when it comes to DD gear.

sunndog

May 23, 2014
derbyshire
I believe you can change a thread title by clicking 'go advanced' in a normal browser, doubt you can do that via tapatalk though

dave89

Nomad
Dec 30, 2012
Sheffield
Anyway, hopefully it will last me untill the next group buy, I'm fancying a few things

dave89

Nomad
Dec 30, 2012
Sheffield
Apart from a tarp, whoopee slings and huggers, poncho and maybe a camping hammock, i want something small just to put in my daysack for if I want to have a lounge during a walk or in the garden, the frontlines a bit overkill

sandbag47

Jun 12, 2007
northampton
Apart from a tarp, whoopee slings and huggers, poncho and maybe a camping hammock, i want something small just to put in my daysack for if I want to have a lounge during a walk or in the garden, the frontlines a bit overkill

Got ya. I'll try to remember to give you a heads up in advance

Fraxinus

Settler
Oct 26, 2008
Canterbury
DD sorted my issue with a hammock that was missing a zip pull on one side ( a friday afternoon job, I surmised :) ) quickly and courteously.
That kind of customer service is why I have purchased from them again and in the last GB acquired a 4x4 multicam tarp which is brilliant.
I don't think posts that knock DD about what is out of their control are either fair or helpful to anyone.

Rob.

dave89

Nomad
Dec 30, 2012
Sheffield
DD sorted my issue with a hammock that was missing a zip pull on one side ( a friday afternoon job, I surmised :) ) quickly and courteously.
That kind of customer service is why I have purchased from them again and in the last GB acquired a 4x4 multicam tarp which is brilliant.
I don't think posts that knock DD about what is out of their control are either fair or helpful to anyone.

Rob.
Who knocked DD?

Fraxinus

Settler
Oct 26, 2008
Canterbury
Who knocked DD?

Hi IC
Just plane and simple false advertising, my mate bought one, and got a tarp with no loops down 2 sides, and DD did nothing for my pal as far as compensation goes, what a burn...
Me, I wouldn't buy any DD product now.

This one springs to mind.
It was not a comment aimed at you dave89, you have already clarified your position and for what it is worth I think you were misled before your purchase.

Rob

IC_Rafe

Forager
Feb 15, 2016
EU
This one springs to mind.
It was not a comment aimed at you dave89, you have already clarified your position and for what it is worth I think you were misled before your purchase.

Rob

To be fair, it is possible that he had a bad experience. I like their gear and company, but that doesn't mean that a bad experience is an invalid point. Else you're just a fanboy. If he had a bad experience, it's only fair to also share it so you get a better picture so people can make better informed decisions. I want to read the good and the bad when i'm researching a new purchase, and honestly, i tend to disregard whoever praises the hell out of an item, or burns it down to the ground in a review, and the usefull ones are usualy the ones which bring up both positive and negative points ;). Depending on the item ofcource, if there are 50 bad groundburning reviews and 1 praising good, it says a lot too xD

sandbag47

Jun 12, 2007
northampton
IC_RAFE your right everyone should have a say if they have a valid point.

21st century pict spoke about a tarp his friend brought and was not impressed with. I had a gentleman PM me with a similar complaint after a group buy I did around that time. I just passed his complaint onto DD and they delt with it.
This wasn't DD'S greatest time. But they delt with it and have made sure it won't happen again.

But Mr F needs to give a little more information. Like where did he get them from. If it was direct from DD I cant see why Nick would not have done something about it. I know he likes scouting groups. But if it was from somewhere else then he needs make that clear. It might answer a question or two.

I'd better say it again that I don't work for DD but after all the group buys and other charity bits, I'm bound to stand in Nicks corner

Fraxinus

Settler
Oct 26, 2008
Canterbury
To be fair, it is possible that he had a bad experience. I like their gear and company, but that doesn't mean that a bad experience is an invalid point. Else you're just a fanboy. If he had a bad experience, it's only fair to also share it so you get a better picture so people can make better informed decisions. I want to read the good and the bad when i'm researching a new purchase, and honestly, i tend to disregard whoever praises the hell out of an item, or burns it down to the ground in a review, and the usefull ones are usualy the ones which bring up both positive and negative points ;). Depending on the item ofcource, if there are 50 bad groundburning reviews and 1 praising good, it says a lot too xD

Did you not read my post #33 ?
As I said, my experience of the company is good enough that I continue to purchase from them. As for being a fanboy.....:rofl: the nearest I get to a fan of any kind is the extractor one in the kitchen when cooking.

Rob.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE