Dire

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
Well, I was doing fine until I had to replace my car.

Thusly wiping out my bank balance until the New Year.

I managed to sell on my old car, and am waiting for the car tax refund (Guess who taxed it 2 days befor they cylender head failed???)

I now have £5 in my bank, and am on the food bank and my father (who keeps on making `I have bills` noises...)

Any suggestions? Im normaly a very resourceful sort as you know...now even thats failed me.

dewi

May 26, 2015
Cheshire
What do you enjoy doing? I mean hobby wise... do you like making stuff? Do you like weaving, anything like that?

Robmc

Nomad
Sep 14, 2013
St Neots Cambs
I would sell the new car and use public transport until your situation improves.

A car is not much use if you cannot afford the fuel to go in it. Is it a necessity?

wicca

Native
Oct 19, 2008
South Coast
Post Office used to take on casual (seasonal) labour to deal with the increase in deliveries at this time of year. Might be worth asking at the local sorting office?

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Hey Tengu, have you rented or thought of renting your house out? Or have you sold that on? The great thing bout life is that nearly very time we work our way through things and end up thinking they weren't so bad, we've been without cars a few times which is fun with kids :D How about getting bike or as Rob says use public transport, there's lots of other people that use it quite successfully.

And there's lots of seasonal work this time of you that might help...

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
Um, I need the car for college. I did try using public transport...no good.

And I would need one for a job...Ill enquire at the PO...but Cornwall is not exactly famed for its jobs.

Ill have to sell some kit I think.

mrcharly

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 25, 2011
North Yorkshire, UK
Is it really no good using public transport and/or a bike? I manage a 25mile commute by coach or bike. It can be tedious but it is doable.

PO nearly always has temp christmas positions.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE