Different Rose-Hips for Making Syrup

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Joonsy

Native
Jul 24, 2008
UK
Hi, i have found some large damson size rose hips growing wild, obviously a different variety to the common wild rose because of the large size of hips and no doubt some sort of garden escapee (other than size look the same), would anyone know if they are suitable for making rose-hip syrup in the same way as the ordinary wild rose and if so would the finished product be much different in taste/texture etc: (bear in mind i have never made the stuff before and this may be my first attempt) thanks.

Joonsy

Native
Jul 24, 2008
UK
i usually make my syrup from Burnet rosehips ?rosa pimpinellifolia? it has a nice chocolate taste to it

Hi capt.dunc, i have found some of them as well, the black hips pimpinellifiolia, the others i found were indeed the rugosa described by bushwacker bob, will be making the syrup tomorrow (first attempt) thanks.

bushwacker bob

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 22, 2003
STRANGEUS PLACEUS
like this Bill?
images

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE