DG's Hunter Class

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Oct 11, 2004
Canterbury
Just cos a guy accidentally turns on the brightest torch known to man inside a land rover when everyone is getting there’s eyes adjusted to the night, sets fire to a skillet and then turns all the food black and almost throws up while plucking a pheasant and then goes on to play with the severed feet for far too long, does not mean that he should automatically be referred to as mayhem - No Mark you keep that name I am happy with Wookie

Dan

Oct 12, 2004
Canterbury
Hi

Well, there's not a lot more I can add that other people haven't already said! Massive thanks to all involved, I'm really looking forward to the time I see you guys again - not just because there's still so much to learn from you!

Just and I are currently drying out a number of hare and a rabbit skin, possibly to be made into a gimp mask for Wookie. I'll let you know how we get on.

Take it easy you crazy kids!

Dan

Roving Rich

Oct 13, 2003
Nr Reading
Well it was a fabulous weekend. I thoroughly enjoyed myself, as everyone seemed to. Definetly one of the best courses I have ever attended.
A big thanks to all involved, Rob and Mel for re-awakening my interset in archery. Field archery certainly is a different shooting match to standing in a line plinkin at big round targets. We had a right laugh castrating the bear ! :eek:):
Buckshot Mark, was an absolute star. Providing most of the food for the weekend, and taking numerous hunting parties out at dawn and dusk. It really bought home what meat eating means. He also found time to help set up my airrifle ! and improve my shooting technique, so I am over the moon :eek:): Nice one Mark.
Dave and Feathers did a fantastic job of putting it all and holding it all together ! Not many schools could manage an event such as this, and run it so smoothly and efficiently, with no stress or strict schedule. :You_Rock_

It was great to meet the rest of you Outdoor Girl & Boy :)(thanks for the excellent hare !) , Wookie and crew, Mark, Rik, GreenPete and of course Ed, Stu and Chris C.
I'm glad us BCUK lot made a good impression, So welcome to the forum all you new guys :super:
I'll put some photo's up very soon. The more gruesome ones will of course be
in the Fare game forum so as not to upset anyone :wink:
Cheers for now
Rich

M

mayhem

Well Dan
I'm sure Wookie has a large number of those specialized masks after his revelations around the fire he has properly got the pattern to make them too.

Dan

Oct 12, 2004
Canterbury
Ha ha! This is true Mark! :wink:

Its not just the masks he has either! I've only seen a slight glimpse of his assorted accoutrements and an assortment of masks is but a small part! :shock:

My years of knowing young Wookston has learnt me not to ask too many questions and NEVER be surprised...

Still, if this blinkin' rain doesn't stop soon the hare skins will never dry out!

Ed

Admin
Admin
Aug 27, 2003
South Wales Valleys
You should have had a word with feathers..... he was tanning skins a couple of months back I believe.... I'm sure he would be able to give you some tips....
And please guys, keep it clean..... this is a family forum remember :biggthump

Ed

A

Aelfred

Hi everyone.

Finally made it on to the forum :wave:

I agree. A great weekend all round: lots to learn, new people to meet (especially the canterbury mob) and old friends to catch up with while having lots of fun in a beautiful place.

Many thanks to everyone involved, participants and instructors alike for sharing so much, especially rob and mel for their evening arrow surgery and buckshot for glorious food and stalking experience. Big thanks to DG and Feathers for creating the course and bringing it all together. Can't wait to see you all again soon or the 5 day version next year...

Easy now

Aelfred

(Ollie)

Oct 15, 2004
Canterbury, Kent
Hello all! - At last ive logged on, and have to say what a great W/E i had on the Hunter course. Many thanks to evryone, Mark (buckshot) Mark (mayhem,quite aptly named young man) Rob & Mel (for getting me hooked on Archery) Chris & Stuart, who's knowledge was superb, Ed (brilliant)D.G (it was a Joy) and Feathers (good food & company) Rich, Womble, Ollie, etc. And it was great to see Pete again!!.

Many good memories ive taken from the campfire!

M

mayhem

Hi Brett

I think thats everyone now the Course must off been the dogs dangly bits as I've not heard anything bad said about it and thats saying something.
Cheers
Mayhem (Mark)

Roving Rich

Oct 13, 2003
Nr Reading
I think we are still one short :naughty: Wookie , Brett, Dan.... where is he ? :?:

Well I spose were 3 short if we include Rik and Jed.

Good to have you onboard Brett, make yourselves at home :wave:

Rich

Greenpete

Tenderfoot
Jan 20, 2004
Oxfordshire
www.greenpete.co.uk
Hi Brett!
It was good to see you too, though we didn't seem to get much time to chat!
I think like all that were there I thought it was a great do. Not just the course it self which I didn't really participate in, but the general air of friendship with all.
I hear you have a new bow!? I'd of like to take a look if I'd have known!
Stay well, Pete

Ginger

Apr 8, 2004
Where was this class and who organised it? What did it cover?

It sounds well worth attending if it is held again.

Buckshot

Mod
Mod
Jan 19, 2004
Oxford
Ginger said:
Where was this class and who organised it? What did it cover?

It sounds well worth attending if it is held again.

Have a lok at http://www.wildernessliving.co.uk/
Dave and Feathers run the courses there - top people. :You_Rock_
I think they only do this course once a year so probably around the same time next year. Although any of the courses they run are worth going on.

Be there or....

Cheers

Mark

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE