desparately needed mini dv tape camcorder

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

greatbear

Apr 8, 2013
rotherham
hi guys as the post states am really needing a mini dv camcorder it has to be complete and in full working order
the type I need takes the little tapes sony jvc canon Samsung anything so long as its in perfect working order
ive lots of really really good gear to swap for the right item p.s. must have night mode!!
sharp and shiny cooky sheltery burny shooty all sorts im really needing this itemasap and don't have the funds to buy one help guys if you can
cheers GB

didicoy

Mar 7, 2013
fens
I bought one at the weekend on the carboot. Paid £8 for a JCV GR-D24 The receipt is still in the box, cost £240 in 2004. I only bought it so I could view some old tapes that I made in 2000. Unfortunately the tapes I have are slightly bigger than the mini tapes this digital camera uses. When I got home and charged the camera up. There seems to be a problem with the contrast.brightness chip in the lens. The view finder and the LCD screen has vertical coloured lines down them, I can tell that its kind of working when I pan as the screen brightness changes with some vague shape movement. Checked online and it appears it was a common problem with many digital cameras and JCV were fixing the fault for free up to 2007. I won't pay to have this fixed as the tapes won't fit. I don't know if it will help you out though? maybe take a risk and try to get it fixed?

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Look in your local Cash Generator shop you can pick them up for a tenner which could well be cheaper than the postage a camera to you.

Snooky

Nov 19, 2013
Tadley
I have a Sony Handycam DCR-HC35E, will need to check the Mrsit is OK to move it on and also that the batteries charge OK, Have a bag and if I hunt around probably some spare tapes as well.

Not sure on the going price for these but open to swap options :cool:

greatbear

Apr 8, 2013
rotherham
may possibly get one from snooky but am keeping looking if I get offered more than one that would be good too the quicker I get one the better really even one of the older dvd ones would do in fact anything except vhs c even digital or hi 8 would be fine cheers guys.

didicoy

Mar 7, 2013
fens
Georann they look like the same size tapes I need to play/view. could you do me a favor and measure just the tape? the tapes I have are JVC45 VHSC 90mm long X 60mm wide X 20mm deep. If your camcorder takes the same size tapes as I've got and if greatbear isn't interested in it. I would be willing to buy it from you. Would you give me second dibs if greatbear don't want? I have 6 tapes of me working/teaching charcoal making and horse riding from 2000/01 before I injured my spine & ended up disabled. I would just like to view the tapes for old time sake. That's why I bought the (broken) camcorder at the weekend.

Last edited:

georann

Feb 13, 2010
Warwickshire
www.slice-of-fire.co.uk
Hi Didicoy
My tapes are standard size DVM60 MiniDV tapes. They appear to measure 66x47x12mm, so not the same size as yours unfortunately.
If anyone is interested in mine though, I'll happily accept cash or trade offers. Whoever makes the best offer first gets it in my book!

didicoy

Mar 7, 2013
fens
Thanks for measuring. That's just what I found when I picked up the one at the weekend. It takes smaller tapes. I will have to try ebay to get a camera that takes the larger tapes or get them copied onto disc. good luck with the sale.

greatbear

Apr 8, 2013
rotherham
I may have a deal sorted with one or two members but I have to keep looking in case they fall through so any help on this would be appreciated guys

greatbear

Apr 8, 2013
rotherham
still looking guysas nothing set in concrete yet. but have to point out I can only do swapping as funds are thin on the ground hence the reason ive posted in the swaps section

didicoy

Mar 7, 2013
fens
I have a SONYDigital Handycam 40X Digital Zoom, Carl Zeis lens, Vario Sonar Model DRC-PC100E- ALL GOOD - you will new a new battery though.

same as this

p.m if interested.
cheers
Could I ask if your tapes are this size? JVC45 VHSC 90mm long X 60mm wide X 20mm deep If so Could you pm me the price your asking for the camera? Cheers steve

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE