Dentistry

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
Percocet is a hell of a painkiller...... I prescribe it a couple of times a year, but reluctantly.
Have a beer or a drink on top and you can get high as a kite.
Also not good to take a Perc and drive....
Yeah. I left the office after the extraction still not in pain because the anesthesia hadn't worn off. Next I followed the dentists advice regarding it: I went to the pharmacy to have the Rx filled, stopped at the commissary to stock up on liquids (OJ and such) and went to my room to hibernate a day or two (the chow hall was within easy walking distance just yards away) I didn't pop a pill until I was well settled in. The tooth was extracted on a Thursday and he gave me a 2 day duty excuse that carried me into the weekend.

Reactions: Janne

santaman2000

Jan 15, 2011
Florida
The ridiculous part with many medicines that come either weak prescription free, or strong on prescription, is the cost.
4 x 200mg cost less than 1 x 800 mg.
Well ---- sorta. The non prescription strength is cheap but the consumer has to pay for it whereas the Rx strength is usually covered by insurance here (and I presume the NHS there?) so the patient doesn't pay much, if anything for the Rx strength.

santaman2000

Jan 15, 2011
Florida
True, but you pay for the insurance.....
Meds are cheap in the UK compared to Sweden, US and Cayman as NHS has a lot of power.
OTCs are cheap here. My point about Rx drugs was that the patient doesn't care what they cost (somebody else is paying for them.)

underground

May 31, 2005
Sheffield
What we know today, no connection between lower teeth and maxillary (upper jaw) sinuses. Also the tooth seemsto be vital from your description. Vital (nerve alive) teeth do not give any inflammations or infections.

The anesthetic does relax muscles and tissues a bit, maybe this is the reason?
Thanks Janne, I did wonder as I’d had to keep my mouth open for a long time during the procedure. The tooth has never felt quite ‘right’. I get some ache in it when stressed at work or on long motorway drives for example.
If I give my ear a good poke often the jaw on that side will ‘crack’ and I’ll immediately feel slightly clearer.
I thought about just having the whole tooth pulled out..

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE