DD XL Tarp Tent with Floor Cover Tutorial

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

TheBrook

Sep 3, 2014
West Midlands
www.youtube.com
Hope this may be useful to you?

I’ve been playing around with the DD Tarp I recently purchased for Wild Camping and have worked out a way to turn it into a tent that has a floor (ground sheet) all just using the tarp, seven tent pegs, three guy ropes and a walking pole.
It’s got a few great added benefits too that I discuss.

Would you any thoughts on how you might improve the design, or which way you would point it in the prevailing wind, as the back is fairly steep.

===================
DD XL Tarp Tent with Floor Cover Tutorial

[video=youtube;6OjoO6JavoY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6OjoO6JavoY&feature=youtu.be&list=UU0FqRD-FVjT8qZxBbaCOvRw[/video]
===================

Last edited by a moderator:

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
Yes, a very good pitch; that'd have to work best with the wind coming from behind, these designs are very stable like that :)

Andy T

Settler
Sep 8, 2010
Stoke on Trent.
Looks like a good set up. If i were to use it i'd have the back into the wind and i'd make sure that the ground sheet part is inside the door so that any rain wouldn't drip onto it.

TheBrook

Sep 3, 2014
West Midlands
www.youtube.com
Looks like a good set up. If i were to use it i'd have the back into the wind and i'd make sure that the ground sheet part is inside the door so that any rain wouldn't drip onto it.

Hi Andy, thank you :)

Yes, the idea is to roll the ground sheet in whenever inside or not using it to enter or exit the tent.

Would you still have the wind at the back even though it's pretty steep?

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
If you feel that the pitch is too long on the rear, try putting your second pole in there at it's shortest, that ought to stop it "bellying" inwards; or guy it from outside using a tennis ball inside to tie off to or one of the various tarp clips available, using the other pole outside which would give more unobstructed space inside.

Reactions: LarryBass

TheBrook

Sep 3, 2014
West Midlands
www.youtube.com
If you feel that the pitch is too long on the rear, try putting your second pole in there at it's shortest, that ought to stop it "bellying" inwards; or guy it from outside using a tennis ball inside to tie off to or one of the various tarp clips available, using the other pole outside which would give more unobstructed space inside.

Great piece of advice. I'm goign to play around with using a second pole and also the addition guy rope idea. Will keep you posted after some field tests :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE