DD Superlight XL Pyramid Tent - Opinions Wanted

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Hi all,

Looking at lightweight tent options. The two I have in mind are the DD Superlight XL Pyramid Tent and the Lanshan 2. I'm leaning more towards the DD purely because I don't want to carry a second pole and it requires 2 for setup. I'm specifically looking at the XL version of the DD because I am 6 foot and will almost always have kit and dog and reviews I've seen of teh standard size one looks a bit on small side for a taller person.

Anyone got any experience, or alternatives?

I want something really simple. The thought of having to feed poles through sleeves and all that business doesn't do it for me.

Thanks in advance all.

Apr 8, 2009
Ashdown Forest
I'm eagerly awaiting replies on this as well - i recently bought a DD A frame tent. That was a nice design, but in use i've found the internal mozi net inner tent to be somewhat floppy, and also of key concern is that many of the external exposed seams on the fly sheet are not taped, but are simply 'bound' by a sewn in strip of fabric. I've not been out in any serious rain with it yet, but i'd expect those seams to be problematic, and because of the nature of how those seams are bound, it will be very hard to seam seal them.

I appreciate that you aren't looking at the DD A frame tent per se, but I would certainly check that the Pyramid has proper taped seams throughout (for info, the DD website advertises the A frame as having 'fully taped seams', so don't take their word for it!).

Erbswurst

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 5, 2018
Berlin
That's the competition.

A version of this tent can be heated with a woodfire tent oven!

I own the convincing 1 man version SilHexpeak V4a and wrote about it in this forum.

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE