DD XL Tarp Guylines

Lister

Settler
Apr 3, 2012
Runcorn, Cheshire
I've just realised that i've not yet put guylines on my DD Tarp XL that i got from kard133 some time ago, whats the best way to do this (i know it's mostly horses for courses) and can i use paracord? It's the stupid questions that make BCUK a fun place to be :lmao:

Lister

Settler
Apr 3, 2012
Runcorn, Cheshire
have gone for a center ridge and 6ft of cord either end, thinking probably 6ft for each corner and that should cover most eventualities, will probably whack a blakes hitch on each end as as present there's nothing to pull the tarp taut.

copper_head

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 22, 2006
Hull
I like the prussic too (on the ridgeline), although I attach it to a toggle or mini-krab which allows you to change your tarp set-up without having to re-tie your knots.

krabandprussic_zps104d5f4a.jpg

As for the guy-lines I use 4m lengths of paracord with a bow-line at the tarp end. I then use a larks head to attach it to the tarp loop, again so I can change the tarp set-up easily. I generally just marlin hitch the peg onto the guy where I want it.

Lister

Settler
Apr 3, 2012
Runcorn, Cheshire
Prussiks tend to work better on differing diameter ropes, not so much same diameter ropes which is why i'm thinking the blakes hitches instead of prussiks.

copper_head

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 22, 2006
Hull
Prussiks tend to work better on differing diameter ropes, not so much same diameter ropes which is why i'm thinking the blakes hitches instead of prussiks.

<Googles blakes hitch> Looks good mate :). I'd always, somewhat unintentionally, used different diameters for line/prussiks.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE