DD underblanket.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

stevied

Dec 15, 2010
East Riding
I'm just wondering if anyone has a DD underblanket and what they think of it? I'm ordering one this week and wondered if it's worth the money??

Thanks in advance, Steve.

Switch

Tenderfoot
Jan 12, 2013
Scotland
I've got one on the way although won't get to test it on a trip for another 2 weeks time. For £50 it is incredible value and considering its a lower price and also rated to a lower temp than the Snugpak version I'm up for giving it a go. The next alternative at that price is d.i.y. and I know it can't be worse than the d.i.y. Underquilt I currently use. For £50 I'm not going to be annoyed with it. I'm going to grab another couple for my Wife and kid soon as well. Thumbs up to DD for the pricing on this. They could easily have made it the same price as the Snugpak.

Quixoticgeek

Aug 4, 2013
Europe
actually the new one is rated to -5 whereas the snugpak one was rated to -15. BUT when does it ever go to -15 in england?

Ah, the joys of sleeping bag ratings. Assuming that both are tested to the same EN 13537, we get into the meaning of comfort and lower limits. A bag with a comfort rating of -5°C and a Lower limit of -15°C will be good for a man down to -15°C, but for a woman, we sleep colder than men, so we need a warmer bag, that same bag will only work down to -5°C.

So when does it get down to -15°C in England? It does, occasionally, tho it is newsworthy due to rarity. Where as in Britain, -15°C is actually surprisingly common in the extreme bits. But, if we factor in the person using it, while it might be only -5°C out (common even here in kent), I would still need that -15°C bag.

Julia

sandbag47

Jun 12, 2007
northampton
Below is a comment made by Hedgecrafter. He brought one on a DD group buy I did recently

I must say I wasn't too confident about the thickness of the under quilt. It seemed very thin. However my back was sweating when I up in the morning. So it's defiantly warm enough. With a yoga mat that will probably do ok for winter as well.

Thanks again.

SussexRob

Dec 26, 2010
East Grinstead
I ordered one last week and it arrived Wed. Out of the bag, I am really pleased, not had chance to rig it up and use it yet though. Much smaller pack size than I had imagined. So far, seems like a great product.

I am hoping to get a chance to rig it up and play tonight, although won't be sleeping in it until end of the month/july time.

I'm hoping to document/photograph the rigging up of it tonight, and will post something this week if I do. I'm not the most organised when it comes to doing reviews, I usually get carried away and forget to take pics/notes as I go!

Köld

Tenderfoot
Feb 2, 2012
Thule
I wonder how one would go about comparing a sleeping bag to an underquilt when deciding on the rating at the factory :)

Thetillerman71

Need to contact Admin...
Mar 9, 2012
Gloucester
It is a good bit of kit, although I seem to use my Dutch army wool
blanket in a similar way which also has enough material to wrap over the top of my sleeping bag as well. Out of choice I would probably go for the blanket

Thetillerman71

Need to contact Admin...
Mar 9, 2012
Gloucester
It is a good bit of kit, although I seem to use my Dutch army wool
blanket in a similar way which also has enough material to wrap over the top of my sleeping bag as well. Out of choice I would probably go for the blanket

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE