DD Travel Hammock shoddy work!!!!!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

sandbag47

Jun 12, 2007
northampton
hi guys i read this thread and was a bit shocked at it so i got in touch with dd as no one seemed to want to and i got this reply back from nick at dd

We're very sorry about the problems experienced by Bodge, very occasionally something does slip through QC procedures and this is the first time we've heard of a problem with the mosquito net tabs. In the case of any problems we would always like to hear from the customer - for two reasons; we are then aware of the problem and can take steps to stop any repeat, also we really do want each and every one of our customers to be happy so we'll always try our best to rectify any problem.
Dispatch time; Think we received an email from Bodge (can't say for sure if it was him?) a couple of weeks ago saying he had been waiting around a month for delivery from a shop we supply, if Bodge could kindly let us know which shop it was, we'll speak to them. At the time he told us this, we suggested he buy direct from us and request a refund from the shop involved. All UK orders purchased direct from us are normally dispatched within 24hrs (on working days) of payment received and nearly always arrive within 2 to 3 working days. Hope to hear from Bodge, our appologies for the problems you have had. "
As others have said on the thread I think he should have contacted us first and we would have offered a replacement straight away (even if bought through a shop we supply we still offer help with any product faults).

springer5

Mar 9, 2010
Carmarthen, Wales
Think we received an email from Bodge (can't say for sure if it was him?) a couple of weeks ago saying he had been waiting around a month for delivery from a shop we supply

Just a thought, but if you bought it from a shop (rather than direct) you can never be sure it isn't the shop which is at fault. What if someone else had bought it, damaged it, said they didn't want it, returned it and the shop couldn't be bothered (or didn't care enough) to check it out before selling it back on to you. Not so far-fetched for a shop which takes over a month to deliver something.

Sadly, this attitude can pay dividends for unscrupulous retail outlets, after all they only need to keep doing it until someone doesn't return it and they've got away without having to bother to sort it out...and you didn't return it...result for them. Sad but true.

It would be a shame for DD to take the blame for that !!

Glad you ok with it now though.

Last edited:

scrogger

Native
Sep 16, 2008
east yorkshire
I got a DD last year and had the same issues with the tapes coming loose on a meeting at Achray. Shewie suggested I contact Nick at DD, I am more normally likely to try to put it right myself rather that have a load of fuss. In this instance I did contact Nick and was glad I did he sent me out a replacement straight away with no quibbles and didnt not even want the old one back this one my Son now uses I did try to repair the netting but it was not very successful but that down to me. I dont have any affiliations with DD but Nick certainly seems to go the extra mile when made aware of a problem.

Andy

Elines

Oct 4, 2008
Leicestershire
Just to confirm the excellent service from DD when problems arise - I had a problem with a length of webbing that had been joined in the middle and broke when first used, testing it out in the garden. I contaced DD and they replaced the webbing immediately without needing to see the faulty one first (or even asking for it to be returned)

javi

Forager
Nov 4, 2008
Hampton
In DDs defence I have read a few threads here (no links sorry) where badly QA'd kit got sent out to customers and when alerted Nick & co moved to rectify the situation asap. I have a Travel myself which arrived with faint chalk marks but thankfully no other defects.

It's a disappointing that we seem to hear of too many damaged items making it through the checks but at least DD move to remedy the situation. I have a feeling there are plenty of other suppliers who wouldn't be so accommodating :)

Chainsaw

Native
Jul 23, 2007
Central Scotland
Remember that this thread is talking about stuff from 2 years ago, been nothing major since! Is it worth locking this to stop it coming up next year :rolleyes:

Cheers,

Alan (DD fanboy)

Teepee

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
I'm really pleased with my DD stuff, and their service.
IMHO, they are one of the good guys.
I find it disappointing to keep reading the title of this thread keep popping up on this forum, I honestly dont believe they deserve it.
General consensus on this forum and hammock forums say they right whatever few problems crop up, very quickly.

Of all the things, I have ever bought off the net, DD take the top prize for delivery time and value. goodjob

If one of my customers publicly slated my work on a national forum, without saying anything to me first, I would be a bit peeved.

Sorry If this is old hat, but its got my goat.

Last edited:

MrEd

Life Member
Feb 18, 2010
Surrey/Sussex
www.thetimechamber.co.uk
i know its an old thread but my well used 3 year old dd hammock is fine, its never ripped or let me down at all, its light and was cheap. as far as im concerned DD rock and if i need another hammock etc i would prob get it from them!

sandbag47

Jun 12, 2007
northampton
Remember that this thread is talking about stuff from 2 years ago, been nothing major since! Is it worth locking this to stop it coming up next year :rolleyes:

Cheers,

Alan (DD fanboy)

i agree with chainy this is an old thread that was all sorted out....
er.... i can't say that i don't have links to them as i done 5 group buys for thier hammock and tarps so far :) ;)

helixpteron

Native
Mar 16, 2008
UK
If one of my customers publicly slated my work on a national forum, without saying anything to me first, I would be a bit peeved.

Sorry If this is old hat, but its got my goat.

If you sold one of your customers a product with numerous, serious defects, why should you object to that customer voicing their honest opinion of the product to bring the matter to the attention of potential buyers, on a forum?

Why is Freedom Of Expression so offensive to you? You just voiced yours!

Last edited:

helixpteron

Native
Mar 16, 2008
UK
I have been contacted by Nick Vansittart of DD Hammocks regarding points which I raised in my earlier post.

Following a detailed correspondence by PM, and an email I received today, and despite only having had the opportunity to skim through the point by point response which Nick sent, and not yet having been able to respond to, or address said points, I have removed my statement regarding DD Hammocks.

The reason I have removed my statement is that I am now in receipt of information from DD Hammocks which clarifies their earlier statement, and sheds light on what occurred, and why it did so.

I'd like to thank Nick Vansittart and BCUK, Nick for his immediate, professional response, and BCUK for making it possible.

I'll respond to Nick's email this week.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE