DD tarp

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Woody110

Mod
Mod
Mar 8, 2009
Leeds, Yorkshire
Whilst laying in my hammock at a recent scout camp, I noticed a rip in my DD 3x3 tarp. The rip is about 1.5 inch long and has the usual L shape.

Can anyone recommend the best method to fix it?

I can’t afford to replace it, and want more than a quick put me on fix.

Hammock_man

May 15, 2008
kent
clear "bathroom" sealant from pound shop, thin with white spirits. Apply this to a cloth patch over the wound and you are good to go. I left my 4x4 DD up in the garden and the wind really really pulled at it. I fixed the tie-outs with some webbing and the coated the area with this mix. Worked ( and is still working ) a charm.

Woody110

Mod
Mod
Mar 8, 2009
Leeds, Yorkshire
clear "bathroom" sealant from pound shop, thin with white spirits. Apply this to a cloth patch over the wound and you are good to go. I left my 4x4 DD up in the garden and the wind really really pulled at it. I fixed the tie-outs with some webbing and the coated the area with this mix. Worked ( and is still working ) a charm.

I’ll give that a try, I have the peg bag that came with it, it’s the same material, so would that be ok?

Hammock_man

May 15, 2008
kent
I would say yes, or to put it another way, if I was to fix a hole then it is the stuff I would use. On my repair I used poly webbing as it was the tie outs which had been hurt. I found that getting the clear silicone to a "non drip gloss paint" thickness worked well. I also painted both sides of the tarp. Remember it is the silicone which does the job, the white spirit just allows it to spread and will evaporate away.

Reactions: Woody110

Duggie Bravo

Settler
Jul 27, 2013
Dewsbury
I have some rip repair stuff that I bought from DD, I used it as a stop gap for my kayaking trousers, it worked. But is essentially a tape that you cut to size.

Sent using Tapatalk

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE