dd hammocks ?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

selfbow

Jan 24, 2011
shropshire
Hi all
Im thinking of getting myself a hammock from DD i like the look of the travil one that can be used as a bivi. Im new to the bushcraft world so would this be a good one to get ?

thank you all:camping:

Teepee

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
You won't go far wrong with the dd travel. I've been a happy travel owner for a few years and the ability to use it on the ground sets it apart from most. Its not made from breathable fabric however, so doesn't compare with a goretex bivi-you will sweat and get clammy inside, an emergency/occasional option only. I use it as a bug bivi under my tarp when I go to ground and use the waterproof base layers as a groundsheet-it works much much better used like this. It will also double as a survival bag if needed.

All you need to know about DD's- http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=60

kINGPIN

Nomad
Dec 14, 2009
Cambridgeshire UK
They are fantastic. The only time I wont use one anymore is in the winter as I find it too cold and don't want to go to the lengths of buying/making an underblanket. It does not get better then lying in the hammock watching the fire burn while you sip on a hip flask of rum.

bmartin1uk

Forager
May 4, 2010
Baldock, Herts
Love mine. Modified with some karabiners to help with any water running down the lines. The double layer with Velcro to slip in my 3/4 length Thermarest is great. The only thing i wasn't a huge fan of was the thickness of the cord i bought from them. But that was my fault being a newbie. Turns out you don't need 6mm for your top line!
Just bought an underquilt from Unsponsored, so in a way i'm glad the weather has just taken a turn for the worse ;)
Just for info, im about 90kg and 6ft and theres plenty of room for me, and going from some of the advice i got before i bought mine, it'll handle someone bigger than me.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE