DD hammocks

scottishwolf

Settler
Oct 22, 2006
Ayr
Was just looking at them on the bay a minute ago lol. I'm 6'1" and 18 stone, so probably not suitable for me :( Can someone recommend a hammock that would suit me at a good price? The scout one is only £9.45 :eek:

fast but dim

On a new journey
Nov 23, 2005
lancs
they are good for sitting / chilling in round a fire or whilst camping. tbh i'll prob. never sleep in mine but it gets plenty of use all the same.

well worth £9.45.

gzornenplat

Forager
Jan 21, 2009
Surrey
Was just looking at them on the bay a minute ago lol. I'm 6'1" and 18 stone, so probably not suitable for me :( Can someone recommend a hammock that would suit me at a good price? The scout one is only £9.45 :eek:

Bob at backpackinglight says he is 6'2" and can use the DD Travel Hammock - rated up to 25 stone if I remember right. It takes my 16 stone no problem, even when stretched tight when put up. £39.14 here

http://backpackinglight.co.uk/product307.asp

You might get it cheaper if you look around or are lucky on ebay. Maybe someone else can chip in with a better price. I didn't find one when I got mine a few weeks back.

No connection blah blah, just got great service (and a free packet of sweets and a magazine in the box :))

scottishwolf

Settler
Oct 22, 2006
Ayr
Bob at backpackinglight says he is 6'2" and can use the DD Travel Hammock - rated up to 25 stone if I remember right. It takes my 16 stone no problem, even when stretched tight when put up. £39.14 here

You might get it cheaper if you look around or are lucky on ebay. Maybe someone else can chip in with a better price. I didn't find one when I got mine a few weeks back.

No connection blah blah, just got great service (and a free packet of sweets and a magazine in the box :))

Cheers for the heads up mate, I'll have a look around for one of those. :)

sandbag47

Jun 12, 2007
northampton
Cheers for the heads up mate, I'll have a look around for one of those. :)

or you can join the group buy that i'm about to and get the travel hammock for £39 (at the most)

i'll start the gb when i've had a sleep (just finished work)..as i am seeing to many thread about dd hammocks.and it would be a crime not to start it now

Last edited:

Robby

Nomad
Jul 22, 2005
Glasgow, Southside

I'm just over 6' and a little over 18 stones and I've just bought the DD travel hammock, it is a nice bit of kit with some great little touches. It copes with me and my son likes it as well and he's about 6'2" and found it comfortable enough that he's going to be getting himself one. I have to add I'm not experienced with hammocking but can say I feel the DD hammock is nice, fits, and supports my weight no problem.

(usual stuff about no connection,but the service is really good. I ordered my hammock on sunday afternoon and it arrived on tuesday morning.)

Thoth

Nomad
Aug 5, 2008
Hertford, Hertfordshire
This is the second good news story I've posted today. I recently bought a Fronline hammock from DD Hammocks (http://www.ddhammocks.com) and took it out into the woods for the first time at the weekend. I discovered a minor fault and emailed DD Hammocks to let them know. Fortunately the fault didn't stop me using the hammock, it just wasn't right.

I got a reply from Nick at DD Hammocks within an hour of contacting him. Nick appologised for the problem and posted out a replacement by first class post stright away. Nick also told me that they have since taken steps to ensure the fault doesn't happen with future hammocks too. How great to receive such excellent customer service in these cynical times! Big thanks to Nick.

I hasten to add that I have no connection with DD Hammocks whatsoever.

Steve

Seoras

Mod
Mod
Oct 7, 2004
Northwich, Cheshire
www.bushcraftdays.com
I discovered a minor fault and emailed DD Hammocks to let them know. Fortunately the fault didn't stop me using the hammock, it just wasn't right.

Nick also told me that they have since taken steps to ensure the fault doesn't happen with future hammocks too.

Hi Steve

Being an owner of a couple of Frontline hammocks can you let us know what this minor fault you spotted was?

I hasten to add that I have tested my hammocks out in some pretty arduous conditions so I am more than happy with my Frontlines.

Cheers

George

listenclear

Nomad
Aug 19, 2008
East lothian
The customer service at DD is fantastic. I've had a few queries etc and always had quick friendly service. Happy to give them my custom.
No connection etc

Aug 12, 2009
Kent, England
I've got a Tenth Wonder one off the Bay
It's got the two layers like the DD ones, but no zips between them.
Still, it's cheap and cheerful, just like me!

Fred
PS: Can't testify for the strength though - I'm 7 stone! :lmao:
EDIT: Actually I can! My dad sat in it and he's 6 foot something and quite heavy
They're recommended for up to 150 kilos.
Silly me...:lmao:

sandbag47

Jun 12, 2007
northampton
I have never had a problem with my DD hammocks and i know the customer service is great ......I wouldn't do group buys for thier hammocks and tarps if i had

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE