DC Whetstone

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

MitchelHicks

Forager
Aug 29, 2006
London
I'm just wondering if anyone knows if there are any other differences between the DC3 and the DC4 whetstone except slight increased size of the DC4.

DC3 being 27mm x 77mm
DC4 being 32mm x 100mm

Just wondering if anyone has used either of them and if the slight size increase allows for better sharpening at the cost of slightly increased cost and weight.

Mitch

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Mitch,

I carry a DC4 on a pouch on my knife sheath. I vastly prefer the size to the smaller DC3 (which is far too small in my view for use on say an axe). The DC4 is not large or much more expensive, but it is a more useful size.

The diamond size is very agressive and really only useful for taking out small nicks.

You might consider just making a "hunters hone" yourself (have a look in the "£5 sharpening kit" sticky thread under edged tools)

Works much better than my DC4 for fine sharpening in the field and far better on a convex edge

Red

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE