Daystate vs BSA vs Weihrauch?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

tobes01

May 4, 2009
Hampshire
Well here is my two penneth.

In the last five weeks I have owned in order.

All the guns apart from the BSA R10 were fine. The bolt seized in the breach after two weeks.

HW100 bomb proof and accurate but heavy
410 too long should have got the carbine.
Daystate developed an electrical fault and defaults to single shot mode.

Of all the S400 is the most consistent and accurate but for tart appeal the EV2 is a looker but wouldn't take it into the field hunting.

Good grief, it wasn't you that won the Euromillions was it?

:)

Paganwolf

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 26, 2004
Essex, Uk
www.WoodlifeTrails.com
Sell them all and get a second hand Theoben Rapid 7 ive had mine near on 20yrs and its still going strong never a days problem bought from the Airguncentre.co.uk its had thousands of pellets through it. Money well spent and you get 300 shots not 30 or 40... new isnt always better.

Johnnyboy1971

Dec 24, 2010
Yorkshire
All mine are .177 and yesterday I was consistanly hitting 10pences at 55yds with my 400.

@ Tony I've gone through these to find one I'm completely satisfied with.
Next I would like an Airarms 410 carbine to modify for hunting.

tobes01

May 4, 2009
Hampshire
Went into the gunsmiths and had a good play with all three. Even got him to pass them to me with my eyes closed so I didn't know which one I was getting, to see how they felt:
- Daystate: lovely thing but just didn't quite sit right, think I'd want to raise the rib
- R10: best stock for me, but the forestock is way too short for my tastes, and I don't want to be holding it by the bottle
- HW100: great fit, just right.

So I've walked out with a nice shiny HW-100S. How I would be very grateful if it would JUST FLIPPIN STOP RAINING so I can get out and play :)

Thanks for all your help!

Tobes

Everything Mac

Nov 30, 2009
Scotland
Went into the gunsmiths and had a good play with all three. Even got him to pass them to me with my eyes closed so I didn't know which one I was getting, to see how they felt:
- Daystate: lovely thing but just didn't quite sit right, think I'd want to raise the rib
- R10: best stock for me, but the forestock is way too short for my tastes, and I don't want to be holding it by the bottle
- HW100: great fit, just right.

So I've walked out with a nice shiny HW-100S. How I would be very grateful if it would JUST FLIPPIN STOP RAINING so I can get out and play :)

Thanks for all your help!

Tobes

That's probably the best way to do it. Its all well and good saying XYZ gun is the best - but if it don't sit right for you then it's not worth it.

The HW is a cracker. Have fun!

Andy

Paulm

May 27, 2008
Hants
I sold my HW100t and BSA S10 and bought a Daystate Huntsman, not regretted it for a minute.

All are great rifles, but the lightness, handling and accuracy of the Daystate adds up to an excellent package for me, despite the slightly fiddly mag' and the trigger not being quite as light as the HW100.

Cheers, Paul

BSA R10

Jul 14, 2013
northants
Had my r10 for 3 months now had no problems and is the best gun i have ever owned problem is the mk1 had so many issues everybody is jumping on the band waggon try the mk2 and and judge for yourself i have paid more for guns and they do not perform as well

The first evolution of the R-10 came out of the factory too soon. They hadn't tested it enough and it was a sham, it really was. They were so bad, they were recalled and had new valves and parts retro fitted. Now it's a well known fact that rifles have teething problems when they first hit the market. Especially rifles designed for the riggers of hunting life. But the BSA took the biscuit. It was so bad, in fact, that it did a very good job of destroying BSA's already tarnished reputation in the PCP department. When it comes to engineering springers, the BSA lighting has got to be one of the best around for the price, so it's obvious they can produce good rifles. Unfortunately, they rushed the R-10 and made a hash of it.

I tried a BSA R-10 for 2 weeks. I spent a lot of money sending it to Mr Bowkett (John Bowkett) to have him "blue print" it. At the end of the second week it was for sale. I had an Air Ranger at the time and the R-10 had the looks but didn't have the minerals to back the pretty boy image. In short, It was indeed a load of cr*p. Two valves went within the first week and shot placement was terrible (the pellets were clipping the muzzle, sending them all over the shop.) I sent it back and BSA thankfully decided to send me a new one. I didn't use it thought. It was sold that day and the money went towards another rifle.;)

I've heard they are actually okay now. But to be fair, I'd never touch one again for as long as I live. Save up. And buy a Daystate or HW100. You then live a very happy, comfortable and stress free life with one of the best PCP's money can buy.;):)

Here endeth the lecture.:p:cool:

LJ[/QUOTE]

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE