Day in the Woods

Bushcraftsman

Native
Apr 12, 2008
Derbyshire
I'm going out to my local woods today to try out my new hammock and tarp, and maybe practice a few skills, cant wait!

Will try and get some pictures up soon as I'm back :D

durulz

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 9, 2008
Elsewhere
Me and a friend are going out for a two-dayer this Friday and I'm really looking forward to it as well!
Oddly enough, I rather like it when it rains - I love the sound of the rain tapping against the tarp.
Have every intention of doing a lot of 'skills and crafts'. Making cordage and flint knapping are on my list.

lamper

Jun 4, 2009
Brighton UK
www.peligra.com
I'm under the same debate. Wanna go camping this weekend, but the weather looks a bit cr@ppy.

Could take the tent and I know I'll be fine.

Want to take the hammock, but still yet to mod it with karibeners and set up in the wet...

Oh what to do, what to do....

verloc

Settler
Jun 2, 2008
East Lothian, Scotland
Once you've got your tarp up then your laughing, (could always just bivi it if your hammock lets you down)

Im going camping this weekend even if noah himself floats on by past my hammock. Ive spent too much times in doors and at work this year and as my upcoming camping trip is in place of the moot then nothing will stop me, nothing I tell ye!

Bushcraftsman

Native
Apr 12, 2008
Derbyshire
Well here they are, please excuse the poor quality, they were taken on my phone.

saying hello to the local wildlife
0126p.jpg

First Attempt at this configuration (dont know what it is)
0127k.jpg

(with hammock)
0130m.jpg

Standard A-Frame

0135o.jpg

0137z.jpg

my camp

0139.jpg

0142d.jpg

Me doing a spot of reading

0144n.jpg

and finally, the beauty of Hammocks, you would never have known I'd been there.

0145p.jpg

well that was my day out, hope you enjoyed :D

shep

Maker
Mar 22, 2007
Norfolk
That looks like a fine dry run!

I spent Sunday night watching and listening to the rain falling off my tarp while being gently rocked to sleep by my hammock. Bliss.

Certainly don't rule them out in the wet, just be sure your tarp is big enough.:)

sasquatch

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 15, 2008
Northampton

I spent Sunday night watching and listening to the rain falling off my tarp while being gently rocked to sleep by my hammock. Bliss.

Certainly don't rule them out in the wet, just be sure your tarp is big enough.:)

I managed to get out for a night in Shropshire on Sunday, rained the whole time but that didn't bother me one bit! I too love the sound of rain on a tarp while I'm in my hammock! Happy days...

Bushcraftsman

Native
Apr 12, 2008
Derbyshire

Yes it managed to stay dry which was good, and no I dont mind being out there if its raining, just so long as I've already set up, I hate setting up in the rain!

malley said:
What were you reading?

It was "Mind Game" by Hector MacDonald- It's quite good so far

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE