Dave Canterbury Sad News

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

neoaliphant

Settler
Aug 24, 2009
Somerset
Im sure everyone has heard of Dave Canterbury, whatever your views
Sad news is that his house burnt down on the 15th May, and he lost one of his dogs in the fire

More infomation here , in the description are links to go fund me pages people have set up for him.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: Herman30

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
I like the guy and find his YouTube channel interesting - but did he not have Fire Insurance.?

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
Problem is, is american building/contents insurance like their health insurance, not worth much!
They’re worth what you pay (there’s good insurance and then there’s cheap insurance) Most are very good concerning fire: it’s wind damage that has a high deductible (that’s just one of the penalties for living in a hurricane zone) and coverage from flood damage is almost non-existent unless you pay an exorbitant price.

In Fact arson is still a very popular way to sell your home (until you get caught) I’m sure he’s well covered. If you believe what he said, he doesn’t need any finacial help but feels he’d hurt people’s feelings if he discouraged them. Of course nothing can replace the sentimental items lost or the dog.

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Gotta feel for him and the family, heartbreaking to have all that destroyed, we've been flooded a few times, twice really badly but I'd take the over having my place gutted with fire.

Reactions: Wayland

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
That is dreadful. The thought of loosing a beloved dog in that fire makes me feel realy sad.
For me that would be worse than loosing all my belongings.

Reactions: santaman2000

neoaliphant

Settler
Aug 24, 2009
Somerset
This is Daves channel

Theres isnt youtube channel by the name "Military with a Woodmans".
its that his videos are in the style of Military gear/techniques combined with woodmans style

Reactions: santaman2000

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
This is Daves channel

Theres isnt youtube channel by the name "Military with a Woodmans".
its that his videos are in the style of Military gear/techniques combined with woodmans style
Beat me to it. Thanks.

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Is this really so bad ? Adversity often brings a clarity of values and deepening character.

That's some very Marcus Aurelius levels of Stoicism right there.
I'm sure if one had the mental fortitude & resilience to be able to take this as a opportunity for personal growth it could probably be used as a positive experience.

But not many could i think, and with good reason.

neoaliphant

Settler
Aug 24, 2009
Somerset
hmmm... do I want values made clearer or people think I have a deeper character
......or do I want my puppy back that that got burned alive ( ok he may have died of CO/CO2 first)

who goves a flying £$%^ about clearer values when pets life is the option.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE