Dave Budd Seaxy Necker

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

scruff

Maker
Jun 24, 2005
West Yorkshire
Hi guys

I've not posted for ages so thought I'd say hello, how ya'all doing and post my latest completed project on here (I already posted it over on BB).

Got a couple of lovely blades from Dave Budd last year was it :)S ) and here's the first one to have been completed.

Comments & criticisms very welcome.

Masur birch scales and brass/nickel mosaic pins and leather liners. 3 days in boiled linseed to finish.

BuddSeax1-1.jpg

I wanted to show off the blade as much as possible so I bevelled the leather liners...not sure if it works :confused:

BuddSeax4-1.jpg

I tried to reflect the pattern of the pins on the sheath so I punched the groovey flowers into it.

BuddSeax2-1.jpg

Not a power tool in sight, not even to drill the holes for the pins. The little toggle I carved outta the same bit of wood I used for the scales.

The sheath hangs with the edge up and kinda at an angle. I keep telling myself that it makes it easier to draw and thats how seaxs are meant to be worn (horizontally I mean) :rolleyes:

Thanks for looking

Snufkin

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 13, 2004
Norfolk
I like that, OK so I'm a sucker for seaxes :) . The sheath is nice too, it's a tricky blade shape to cover and keep it asthetically pleasing. Nice job all round :You_Rock_ .

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE