Dartmoor/Brecons ?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Forest

Jun 14, 2006
Bristol
A couple of us have been given passes (by the wives!) for a boys weekend away in October.

Following our 3 day canoe & camping trip in June we're now considering something like a peak walk and overnight camp, possibly Dartmoor or the Brecons, due to tollerance of Wild camping.

Can anyone suggest an ideal two day walk with an overnighter out on the moors?
Any ideas or pointers would be appreciated and I'll explore in more depth later.
(We're all kitted & fit(ish),etc..)

Cheers, Forest

Timm

Sep 15, 2005
Gloucestershire
Forest

For the Brecons there are 2 good places to park your car and head into the hills that I know of.

One is Talybont on Usk not far from Brecon off the A40 you can head for Pen Y Fan from there, and the second is Pont Nedd Fechan by Glen Neath off the A465. Talybont is better for hill walking and Pont Nedd Fechan is better for camping in the woods.

For Dartmoor I've parked at Princetown and walked to Belleven Tor camped in the wood there and walked back the Princetown another way, which was okay but a bit bleak for me.

Tim

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE