Dartmoor 6 " The Great Moorland Bake Off "...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
As you all know i was very wary about that whole thing , i know it seems to be the modern way of social contact , in the 21st century , and i was led to believe that a closed private group was just that , but i too are a bit dissapointed in all the dross that accompanies it . Its a shame that our group can't stick to one site to discuss what we all love doing , because we are pretty lucky on here we get left alone , and boy do we ever go off topic sometimes .
My biggest concern is , that a lot of the photographs and videos etc , are now all over the place and those members that don't like facebook are missing out .

Still hopefully we can get it back on here " Keep calm and carry on ! " On the plus side it has helped in me regaining regular contact with my older daughters , a bit sad really , but that is the way of the world .

So enough negative talk about F/B , lets get back on track .

What colour scheme will Ichneuman , mostly be sporting at the upcoming meet ?
Prize a toilet roll !

Ivan...

PS you can never have enough negative talk about facebook ( oops! here i go again )

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
Right ! i have aquired two more large cooking pots , one big enough to feed an army literally ! and another frying pan and two more chairs , also took a load of dry firewood up ( got stuck , don't tell anybody ! dear old Ruth pulled me off sorry out ! with her big Toyota, that will cost me ! )

The site is recovering well , and spring is definately on her way , sap is starting to rise , i have taken up some 12 foot half round rails and 8 foot posts , so if any body fancies building a big old shelter somewhere they can .

So if anyone is at a loose end before the meet , or just needs to get away just shout , because i am flexible and am always more than happy to camp out .

If anybody , has a hammock , they have been thinking about getting rid of let me know please , as i am going to have another go at it !

Atb Ivan...

seekum

Banned
Feb 11, 2012
everywhere
facebook is perfectly private and secure if you have set your privacy correctly, the only people that can see my pics and my posts are "my friends" not their friends or the "public"

the beuty of facebook is that everyone is connected through it (as much as they want to be) its an instant form of communications if you have a smartphone whether android, windows or that apple thing

here you have to nav to the site, log in (unless you allow the site to store tracking cookies on your pc... and boy is it heavily loaded with ad based tracking cookies) scroll to the forum before you can read what has been posted... no immeadiacy about it, it relies on the person jumping through loads of hoops to read what you mate has said

plus, the facebook group is controlled by the members not some self appointment and moralistic little hitlers......

plus my mate jon is banned from here for doing no more than speaking his mind, politely!

by the way... i dont have a dog, nor diarrhoea :)

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
Oh ! Forgot to say in my earlier ramblings , i had a day with Roger and Helen from the BTO the other day repairing nest boxes etc , and they are planning coming on the Sat 24th , to put up some nets , bit of catching and ringing , as it was very interesting last time .

All for the price of a couple of breakfasts , also by then the nesting season should be in full swing , so anybody interested , they will show you some more stuff you didn't know !

facebook is perfectly private and secure if you have set your privacy correctly, the only people that can see my pics and my posts are "my friends" not their friends or the "public"

the beuty of facebook is that everyone is connected through it (as much as they want to be) its an instant form of communications if you have a smartphone whether android, windows or that apple thing

here you have to nav to the site, log in (unless you allow the site to store tracking cookies on your pc... and boy is it heavily loaded with ad based tracking cookies) scroll to the forum before you can read what has been posted... no immeadiacy about it, it relies on the person jumping through loads of hoops to read what you mate has said

plus, the facebook group is controlled by the members not some self appointment and moralistic little hitlers......

plus my mate jon is banned from here for doing no more than speaking his mind, politely!

by the way... i dont have a dog, nor diarrhoea :)

Who are you? I'm guessing you're a new member who would like to join in the Dartmoor fun.

Adam

And for the winging ol' beggers of this thread, with no modern comprehension of social networking, and other technologically advanced forms of media communications...

Here's Ivan's video of the weekend in February :p

[video=youtube;l7i1bWNVu1Q]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7i1bWNVu1Q[/video]

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
Firstly , thankyou very much Adam , i was not whinging ! merely pointing out that , some of our film and photos were getting posted all over the place , and yes you are quite correct in your assumption that i am one of the more technically challenged members of the Dartmoor group . Sorry about the wobbly vid everyone , but it's better than none ! Cheers Adam .

Savagewolfrm, i am a little concerned , that this may not be the kind of meet for you , it's "Bushcrafting " and not late night carpark or moorland activity ! But if you are interested we may have a meet to suit your strange tastes later in the year , look out for details of " Swing Low Sweet Hammock 1 "

Kind regards Ivan...

Dave , i am sure Roger will let you handle , and ring a bird ! As i hear on the grapevine you have done it before !

Ivan...

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
I am so looking forward to them coming , it is going to be really funny , on so many levels , brush up your skills boys , these babies have learned from the best ! I just hope i stay awake long enough , for them to relax and join in with a little friendly fireside banter , you have been warned !!

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
OK ! Someone on another site has said it appears only 8 are coming to this meet ..Well i will list those confirmed so far .
Me
Katie
Hannah
Emily
Jessica
Adam
Ichneuman
Arry
Foxy
Rick
Steve M
Teabee
Dan
Jon
Cory
Seekum
Dave53
TBL
LR Forestschool
Paul Webster
Talia
Patrols
FreddyFish
Darren
Nova
Pinky
Steve Look At The View

Some undecided or day visitors
Skate
Dr Phil Newman and about 30 Tinners
Roger
Helen
Vikki
Louise
Andy Bruce
And a couple from NB .

Last edited:

seekum

Banned
Feb 11, 2012
everywhere
wow! loadsa campers! :)

ill be down with Jon and Cory, bout 7pm on the friday though :(

jons asked me to request that you put a towel up on the trio of trees they used before as he wishes to use the same doubled tarp/hammock as before, though with me there... itll be 3 ups, i have his piddly net one... ooo me ar$3

all subject to flights of course... running out of passports that are not in the name jason bourne... gotta keep ahead of the pesky gray men :)

seekum (here, seek him there)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE