Dartmoor 6 " The Great Moorland Bake Off "...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
Right ! Cooking doesn't get any tougher than this ! So you all have ample warning , I am announcing Dartmoor 6 , a springtime extravaganza.

From Friday 23rd March - To Sunday 25th March 2012 . Start of British Summer Time !

Also after much investigation it's my 49th Birthday , pillock i thought i was going to be 50 ! never mind it'll do ...

The 24th March also coincides with a " Tinners Walk " Details of which to follow.

Costs £10.00 for the weekend , to include at least one group meal , free safe parking, kindling /firewood etc etc .

Usual rules apply , any questions please ask ...

Ivan...

Ichneumon

Nomad
Jul 4, 2011
Lancashire (previously Dartmoor)
On Sat 24th March we will be sharing our parking spot with members of the Dartmoor Tin Research group (DTRG) an archaeological group who, as the name suggests, study the history of tin working on Dartmoor.

They will be going on a guided field walk to Western Wella Brook, T Girt, Gibby Beam and Huntindon Mine. An approximately 4km walk over the moors and have invited any members of our gang who are interested to come along - there is no charge.

The group will be led by Dr Phil Newman author of The Field Archaeology of Dartmoor ( http://www.english-heritage.org.uk/publications/field-archaeology-dartmoor/ ) and there will be many other interesting and knowledgeable people attending.

Phil has told me that some members of his group are far from mountaineers so the walking pace will be very gentle.

As there will be handouts and other details to arrange we have been asked to submit approx numbers a few days in advance of the walk, so it would be useful if, when indicating your attendance at The Great Dartmoor Bake Off, you could also say if you would like to go on the walk.

ATB Paul

P.S. They are a rather serious and sober lot, so we'll have to be on our best behaviour! :)

Last edited:

TeaBee

Jun 12, 2011
Devon
Exxxxcellent dates! No clashes for me this time around and I expect to be there.....it does seem a long time off and a long time since I last saw you.

Glad you all had an eventful weekend in December (while I was organising and attending the Beekeepers' Christmas lunch) and a sociable Wrap Up Tour last weekend (while my organisation and running the Honey Show encroached on the weekend).
When I put up to be Plymouth Beekeepers Social Secretary I was pretty sure my duties wouldn't clash with anything else - just a couple of important events in the middle of winter - what could go wrong?

See you in March

Trev

jonajuna

Banned
Jul 12, 2008
s
Put Cory and I down for the walk. He loves archeology :)

I'm also interested in talking bee keeping too :)

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
No , you sugar coated bakery item , it means that various meet members are going to excell themselves , in the woodland kitchen to provide the best food we have ever eaten at a meet ! You included , so get your thinking cap on !

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
I got to be honest , if you make one Skate , i for one will be happy for you to wave the thing around , like a 17 year old clubber , until it falls to bits , anything , anything has to be less annoying than that dam stick dance !!

Seated I may add..

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
My Dear Paul , trust you , it in no way refers to the deposits left , either in the little blue tent , the woodland drop , or in the ditch on the open moor , where there are no moles !!

With the current interest in every other programme on telly , being cookery related , i just thought we would take it to another level .

Now get thinking !!

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
Everybody in the woods , say yahaay ! Except Adam , like your thinking Newman , there are no hard and fast rules , as obviously extra marks will be awarded for full preparation in the woods , similarly marks will not be deducted for prior prep either , so lets make this a eat meet to remember .

It's partly Rich's fault with that beer bread !

( Wasn't picking on Adam , its just he don't do curry )

jonajuna

Banned
Jul 12, 2008
s
Will it be real saffron rice or a poor turmeric imitation?

I'm classy mind so can tell the difference ;)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE