Damp-footed Newbie

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Leiflet

Nomad
Jun 5, 2013
Devon
Hi, well done. My first - and last - experience of a bowdrill was 8 of us on a Bushcraft weekend. One of us finally got a glow. We spit-roasted the stinker over the burning remains of his kit. Welcome and I look forward to seeing your first spoon. SPOONS! Give me SPOONS!

Cheers,
Leif

cybercurly

Jun 12, 2013
basingstoke
Thanks all for the lovely welcomes - especially the reference to zombies. Read that one just before bed, thanks.

Have sent off for a fire steel and am currently working on my first spoon with my new knife. Nine fingers left, plenty to be going on with.

jacko1066

Native
May 22, 2011
march, cambs
Welcome to the forum pal!!!

Your intro acually made me laugh out loud!!!

The wife gave me a very odd look indeed!!! lol.

Iv been trying for a bloody long time with the bow drill, had instruction from pro bushcraft instructors and good mates who no there stuff and still cant do the damn thing!!

And what did it teach me?? When going out stick a lighter in every single orifice there is!!!! (well nearly every orifice!!!)

All the best
Steve

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
Welcome aboard - with your attitude you'll get on quickly and get the hang of things; and if there's anything you don't get there's a mountain of knowledge on this forum and it'll be given willingly and in good spirit.atb mac

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE