Damn u wales!!!

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
I'm always reluctant to comment on sporting threads on here after I was (rightly) told off for moaning about a golf thread.

But yes, being Welsh, I did enjoy the game, both for the result and because it was a good game of rugby. England came to play, showed great committment and defence, but just came up against a better team on the day.

And I have an English parent (but I don't often admit it)

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Wales deserve to say...

"You have been weighed, you have been measured, and you have been found wanting. In what world could you possibly beat me?"

well done Wales, you left us wanting...

and yes I am English

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
A good game!

For the Welsh.... England did play some good Rugby , but most of the time as I said left Wanting, and were beaten by the more powerful ,and better team, think there will be some things said with the performance, saying that it was a very hard game

dave53

On a new journey
Jan 30, 2010
wales
i was watching the game at my english mates house he turned it of after a rant regards dave

treadlightly

Jan 29, 2007
Powys
What a win and what a second try. For a back row forward to make a break like that was wonderful. I did think the ref was very hard on Dan Cole at the scrum though which gave us the impetus we needed.

xylaria

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
"Half Welsh?" Isn't that like being "half pregnant?"

no, I am half welsh, half irish. Legally 100% irish, culturally mostly english, accually very confused. But I am happy drinking like i am irish, moaning about the english like I am welsh ,and talking like i am english.

[I dont have a tv and dont watch sport, even though watching rugby around here is compulsary religious observance]

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
no, I am half welsh, half irish. Legally 100% irish, culturally mostly english, accually very confused. But I am happy drinking like i am irish, moaning about the english like I am welsh ,and talking like i am english.

[I dont have a tv and dont watch sport, even though watching rugby around here is compulsary religious observance]

Could be worse. I'm Irish on Daddy's side (Kelly) and Scottish on Mama's side (Wallace) But I really have no idea before my grandparents (Maternal grandmother was a Morris and Paternal grandmother was a Rawls) other than they've been in the US for several generations before that.

And now my oldest grandson dilutes that to a quarter my mix = a quarter German and half Puerto Rican. His younger brother does the same with a quarter German and half of a mix of Irish/English and American Indian. The oldest played soccer when he was a wee little thing, little league baseball (coach pitch) when he was a bit older, and wants to play peewee footbal next year when he's finally old enough. He'd love to play hockey but TBH he'll never get enough time on the ice to become a good enough skater down here. All we have down here are minor leagues and even then the overwhelming majority of the hockey players are Canadian expats.

Culturally? We're all Southern Rednecks.

Back to the OP though; Congratulations Wales!

Last edited:

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
My mother was Borders Scots, my father from Manchester of Irish origins (the family name originates in Ireland), we have traced his family back to Flintshire (N Wales), I was born in Windsor and brought up on the Welsh Border and in Belgium. I have lived most of my adult life in West Wales ..... I do not care who wins the championship - as long as it is not the French! :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE