Damascus as a user

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

rapidboy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 14, 2004
BB
I always wanted a damascus blade as a knife collector but im not sure if they are practical as a user.
This looks like a suitable knife for use but what about damascus insted of a more "standard" steel.
106883_auctions2_015.jpg

106883_auctions2_022.jpg

106883_auctions2_019.jpg

RB

Paganwolf

Jul 26, 2004
Essex, Uk
www.WoodlifeTrails.com
Damascus steel is most beautiful, made up of different layers of steel folded together so the blade retains the properties of each steel layer, as a collector myself rapid id say go for it as beauty is in the eye of the beholder and if you see what i see then damascus steel is beautiful, functional and an awsome ancient pice of sword/knife smith magic :wink: the knife looks magic, my ambition is to have a custom built damascus fixed blade i think it will fine me rather than i'll find it, as one rapid hunter to another happy hunting :wink:

rapidboy

Jun 14, 2004
BB
Thanks for the advice guy's.
I don't like the file work but i know the maker quite well so i might get him to make one without it.
He's making some dyed green bone slabs for me at the moment for another project and his work is first class.

rapidboy

Jun 14, 2004
BB
He's been gone for a little while now and im really glad to see him back again.
He's known for his filework and his dyed "NEMO" bone.
I've used it twice and it's lovely stuff to work with ,it polish's really well.
He's in the US ,did a lot of work on auto's ,some push daggers for a while then he got into fixed blades.

rapidboy

Jun 14, 2004
BB
Just been speaking to NEMO and this is all his own work.
Blade and even the mosaic pin are made by him.
This get's even more tempting

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE