Damaged Sabre 45

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Scuba Pete

Forager
Nov 3, 2005
Glasgow
Hi,

I got a sabre 45 from Endicott’s a while back. The camo version that was on offer. On my last trip one of the waist straps started to come away from the side. Half of the webbing has come away from the sack. I can’t find my receipt so I can’t send it back. I really like the pack and I don’t want to have to buy one at full price.

Any idea where I could get it repaired?

I would love to get one of the new ones, at it has padding around the waist but if I can get this fixed at least I will have something to use until I can afford one. If there are any other good sacks like the sabre 45 that I can check out as well, let me know.

Thanks

leon-b

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 31, 2006
Who knows
how about going to a sail makers or something, they have the equipment to fix it
worth a try
leon

Dougster

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 13, 2005
The banks of the Deveron.
Get in touch with the suppliers. They'll contact PFI who will no doubt sort it for you. They are a good company in that respect. They may make a small charge.

Big Steve

Tenderfoot
Jun 5, 2006
Gloucester
Has the stitching which held the waist belt to the pack body ripped and the seam itself split open or is the actual nylon web material of the waist belt itself ripped? If it is matter of re-stitching the waist belt back through the pack's side seam, you should take it to a 'proper' old fashioned cobbler in your locale, if such exists, as you may find that he/she will have a heavy duty sewing machine which will do the job just fine. I had a similar problem ten years ago with a karrimor ruck and the repair is still good.

Scuba Pete

Forager
Nov 3, 2005
Glasgow
Some great ideas. Half of the webbing strap has pulled out of the seam. The end of the webbing is frayed. It looks like the stiches just pulled through the webbing and are still in place.

I will see if I can find a cobbler in the area and see what they can do. Failing that can do as surgested and contact pri.

I do pull the strap very tight. I will have to keep and eye on it.

leon-1

Hi Pete, it may be worth getting in touch with Kevin at Endicott's anyway, he's a really good guy and I know that they have repair facilities (When new kit comes in Kev checks it all over, if it is not upto par he has it fixed beforehand). I know you are way up there in Glasgow, but it still may be worth speaking with them.

fred gordon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 8, 2006
Aberdeenshire
Is perhaps one solution not to contact Karrimor directly? I am sure they won't want to gain a bad reputation on this sort of thing. I have contacted them in the past and always found them very helpful. ;)

Zammo

Settler
Jul 29, 2006
London
fred gordon said:
Is perhaps one solution not to contact Karrimor directly? I am sure they won't want to gain a bad reputation on this sort of thing. I have contacted them in the past and always found them very helpful. ;)

I think Karrimor have gone bust only the arm that makes the Karrimor SF bags (PRI) now exists.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karrimor

AndyW

Nomad
Nov 12, 2006
Essex
I know Karrimor had financial problems but I thought they'd been taken over. There is still a lot of stuff available from various retailers out there :confused:

http://www.karrimor.com

Not a great site but the compo on the front page is date 2006 :rolleyes:

I don't doubt there is a lot of good stuff on wikipedia but I wouldn't trust a wiki, heard too many stories about the junk on the site.

Zammo

Settler
Jul 29, 2006
London
AndyW said:
I know Karrimor had financial problems but I thought they'd been taken over. There is still a lot of stuff available from various retailers out there :confused:

http://www.karrimor.com

Not a great site but the compo on the front page is date 2006 :rolleyes:

I don't doubt there is a lot of good stuff on wikipedia but I wouldn't trust a wiki, heard too many stories about the junk on the site.

Yes but that website is just a homepage, you can't browse its products or anything. Wiki states that Karrimor was bought out by Lonsdale Sports aand they broke up the company selling off the outlets and retaining only rights to the name. I remember hearing similar stories on this website beofre seeing it on wiki.

buckley

Nomad
Nov 8, 2006
United Kingdom
Karrimor have been bought out I think. Hence why you can buy most of there new stuff from discount sport stores for a tenner. The quality has gone massively down hill, the ksb range is crap compared to a few years ago. The bags fall apart very quickly (apart from the sabres of course ;) , mine lasted 6 months!

The clothing is not up too much, with the jackets being overpriced and the fleeces again being made in china for pennies. It's a shame as I used to love their stuff!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE