D-Power remote stove fix

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Thought I do a write up for a D-power stove repair that was required after one use on a weekend trip recently and I think these are quite a popular stove due to price
What I found is that the heat from the stove built up while inside a windshield which in turn caused a bit of grass near the stove to catch light. This caused a small leak in the seals attaching the remote pipe to the stove, so when I returned home I striped the stove and found that the two small rubber seals had gone hard and started to crack, so thinking these are low quality I measured the groves and found that 2mm ID O-rings would fit. So I ordered a pack of ten on eBay for £2:50.
Although when fitted the O-rings didn’t want to fit on the hole so had to knock them a little flatter with wet and dry so they were similar to the old ones ( the O-rings were a bit proud and the profile a bit big) the a drop of oil and they slipped in.. Presto new fix for a cheap stove that otherwise would have been binned
31576471603_d8c09b91be_n.jpg
[/url]DSC01259 by Peter Crosby, on Flickr[/IMG]

31576474383_676c44ecf8_n.jpg
[/url]DSC01257 by Peter Crosby, on Flickr[/IMG]

32009827220_e862c4a0f3_n.jpg
[/url]STOVEFIX by Peter Crosby, on Flickr[/IMG]

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE