D&D 5th edition

samharber

Jan 29, 2014
Tameside
So far it's a streamlined 3.5
Not hit any major issues yet, but would have preferred a bit more carried over from 4th Ed (i.e. per round skills, which stops spellcasters being utterly pants).

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Iv'e not played any forth edition, I like the simplicity 1st addition but the combat of second, me and a few of a my mates are thinking of getting rid of everything and just settling on 5th and getting on with it.... I'd started playing pathfinder so it's not a lot different to that...

Idleknight

Forager
Aug 14, 2013
United Kingdom, Near Hinckley
I still have all my 3rd ed and books before that including basic D&D, I started my kids on the Pathfinders beginners box last year and they are slowly getting into it.
Have heard good things about 5th Ed, but havent had a chance to look at it yet

cave_dweller

Nomad
Apr 9, 2010
Vale of Glamorgan
I bought 4th edition for my lad a while back. Couldn't get the hang of it at all (I grew up on 1st and 2nd edition AD&D). We put it on a shelf and never went back to it, which was a shame. If 5th edition is worth a look I may have another bash at it.

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
he he, you are old :D

Cave dweller, I've never done 4th ed, the way I see it is we're getting the 5th, we'll play it like the 1st using just what we want to use form the books, it does seem a bit simplified.... So i'm hoping it's going to be good.

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
I've the fondest memories playing first edition that's for sure, I appreciate that there's lots of people that have never played it but we never noticed it being clunky etc, we just had great fun

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE