custom wallet

luckylee

On a new Journey
Aug 24, 2010
birmingham
i was contacted by a member on bb, to make him a custom wallet, he liked the look of the the no nonsense wallets i make but waned something that little bit different.
we bounced some ideas between each other and settled on the wallet you see today.
he wanted this wallet to house his cards, but also to house his swiss army knife, and his key, he wanted a way to retain these in the wallet.
this has all been lined with premium sued. and has a magnetic closure.
so of to the drawing board, and this is what i came up with.
hope you like it.

IMG_4731 by lucky_lee, on
IMG_4739 by lucky_lee, on
IMG_4743 by lucky_lee, on
IMG_4747 by lucky_lee, on
IMG_4750 by lucky_lee, on Flickr
all comments are welcome.
thanks for looking.
take care.
lee.

luckylee

On a new Journey
Aug 24, 2010
birmingham
I love the creative process of making things. you decide you want something then work out how to do it :)

Cracking work as always Lee.

Orric
Thanks Orric mate, you comments mean a lot bud, there is nothing more that I love, like this, the customer always wanted a Wallet like this, couldn't find what he wanted, and I was able to fulfill what he needed, there is some great satisfaction for me, when I do this, as there is so much tat out there, that is mass produced, I love the fact that he will be able to have years of use out of this and maybe pass it down.
thanks again
lee.

Biker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Whoa! This thread somehow slipped under my Radar. Very nice work there Lee. You just get better and better, well done! You still rock.

Just a quick question your Lordship. That crocodile skin grain pattern, is that something you've added or did you buy the leather already impressed with it? I was just wondering if you had to wet-form such leather would the pattern "press out".

Biker

Thanks Lee. I did wonder if the wallet ever got soaking wet whether that pattern would be damaged somehow. They obviously use some longer lasting fixative to keep that effect. I sorta like it too. I've got an Ostritch skin wallet that I used to use and loved it, so those textured effects really do put the run of the mill wallets into second place.

My current wallet is my late father's. He had it when he was in his 20's and I got it from my Mother last time I was in the UK. It's getting on for 50 years old now, he would have been 74 this year had he lived. I have no doubt your work will become such a treasured heirloom to future generations.

luckylee

On a new Journey
Aug 24, 2010
birmingham
its actually embossed into the leather, i have a few bits of exotic too, python, ostridge, ray skin, a bit of real crock, and a few other bits, but i keep most of this stuff for inlays in my sheaths bud.
what they do, is take the calf skin, and heat press the design into it, i was speaking to the bloke at the leather museum, about this. as i was curious how they did it, because to the touch and feel, its pretty close, i can you, the fake stuff that is out there, that comes from china, is a different post all together, don't get me started on that tat.

luckylee

On a new Journey
Aug 24, 2010
birmingham
Thanks Lee. I did wonder if the wallet ever got soaking wet whether that pattern would be damaged somehow. They obviously use some longer lasting fixative to keep that effect. I sorta like it too. I've got an Ostritch skin wallet that I used to use and loved it, so those textured effects really do put the run of the mill wallets into second place.

My current wallet is my late father's. He had it when he was in his 20's and I got it from my Mother last time I was in the UK. It's getting on for 50 years old now, he would have been 74 this year had he lived. I have no doubt your work will become such a treasured heirloom to future generations.
sorry to hear about your dad mate:(
i hope the sheath i made you does get passed down bud.

Biker

sorry to hear about your dad mate:(
i hope the sheath i made you does get passed down bud.

No worries about the condolances, he died back in '84 and the ripe old age of 45. scary thing is I'm now 5 years older than him now. Still miss him though. Anyway enough depressive thoughts.

The Sheath you made for me is safely tucked away. I know I should use it and give it some use but it was never really intended to be anything other than a fitting overcoat to a the Solingen Monarch knife, got to be better than the old thing it had, and you incorporating the old leather into the new sheath allowing it to keep that connection was very much apreciated. I'm really glad you enjoyed that work. It will be an heirloom indeed.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE