Cumbria, near Coniston

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

scrogger

Native
Sep 16, 2008
east yorkshire
The trip to hodge close sounds excellent and im very interested. I have been lurking arounfd the forums for a while now studying the wealth of information you guys share, which I must say is fantastic. Anyway im a keen outdoor person enjoying walking , backpacking , biking etc etc etc and my interests in bush craft have been re-kindled to the point I am desperated to get involved again.

If this trip is open to new guys id love to know the dates also I will be travelling form east yorks so if anyone would like to cadge a lift I would be more than happy to save someone the travel costs.

one more thing..... Wayland i was looking round your various websites and may I just compliment you on some superb pictures I have just bought a new digital SLR and hope i can get some shots like the ones you show. The one of Castlerigg with the ravens is very
atmospheric.

anyway hope to hear more about the trip to hodge.

have fun folks

Andy

OldFingersGreen

Forager
Jan 30, 2009
Manchester
just been trawling the net for more pictures, looks like an amazing spot! i'll definitely be up for this one. not too far away, i may even take a trip down when i get my new car just to have a nosey. awesome picture on the first page weyland, looks other worldish!

sorry guys and gals for not being around to update this topic, i had to have a bypass op which put me out of action for 3 months, i`m now awaiting further surgery on my right foot but as soon as i`m on my feet again(no pun intended) i`ll get this re-organised.

in the mean time all i can do is say sorry for building hopes up.

if this needs moving please do, while i`ve been layed up i`ve done a few bits, i took some old teak bits of timber i had layed about and decided to refurbish my machette handle, glueing and clamping the wood then shaping a new handle ( the old one was para-cord) so what do you think, and then i got my old bowie knife and tackled the reshaping of the blade & handle shaft before fitting and shaping a new wooden handle, and i used a tent peg to make the pins in the handle.. (click on pic` for larger size pic`)

and the knife;
the old;

and the new;

OK really sorry about not keeping you all updated. all my health problems are still a bit up in the air, foot operation isn`t happening due to bypass op` not giving a good enough blood supply to my legs and feet. i`ll learn to live with it.
i am determined to make this event happen however so should i start a new thread or just add details to this one and keep it going??
I did get up there this year but it was a disaster so in a way i`m glad i didn`t take you all along. might have put you all off the place for good.

this vid` was the morning after our second night there and the rain and wind just never let up;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bOeLBC2Lpak

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE