Crusader mug, Answered, Thanks.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

TarHeelBrit

Mar 13, 2014
Alone now.
So I've decided to get a Crusader mug for my Osprey 2014 water bottle. But here's where it gets confusing I've seen reference to a Mk2 mug, which would imply there's also a Mk1 out there as well so I'm not really sure what the difference is and which one will fit my bottle? I found a metal lid on ebay which mentioned a Mk2 mug....so...well I'm confused. :)

Any advice would be most welcome.

Thanks everyone,
Malc.

Last edited:

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
MK1 is the one everybody knows and loves and is made of Stainless Steel. Silver or black - silver is best as it has no coating to fail.
MK11 is Aluminium and few folk have seen one yet - black only as it is anodized.
Both should fit your bottle.
www.bcbadventure.com

ateallthepies

Native
Aug 11, 2011
hertfordshire
Stainless for me in this case. I've seen too many YouTube vids where the Black coating comes off. As for the new ones being Aluminium? Why? The crusader was never meant to be a lightweight cook kit but something bomb proof.

TarHeelBrit

Mar 13, 2014
Alone now.
MK1 is the one everybody knows and loves and is made of Stainless Steel. Silver or black - silver is best as it has no coating to fail.
MK11 is Aluminium and few folk have seen one yet - black only as it is anodized.
Both should fit your bottle.
www.bcbadventure.com

So the only difference is the Mk1 is Stainless while the Mk2 is Ali? Ohh thanks John, I thought it was something to do with a redesign on either the bottle or cup.

Stainless for me in this case. I've seen too many YouTube vids where the Black coating comes off. As for the new ones being Aluminium? Why? The crusader was never meant to be a lightweight cook kit but something bomb proof.

Same here I was watching a YT vid and I thought the bloke was a really bad cook with black burned on food. I didn't know the coating wears off. :rolleyes:

Thanks for the help much appreciated.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE